Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone service disconnected?

Contributor

Phone service disconnected?

We recently moved and our phone service (including voice mail) was working fine for 10 days. Then we realized that, when checking voice mail online, our account was linked to a different phone number than ours. We still could HEAR our own voicemails when calling from a handset, but the ones we READ online were for another number.

We called to report this, and BOOM! Our phone service disappeared entirely. When you call our number, it says it's not an active number. So, my husband called Comcast yesterday morning to report the problem, and they said they'd put in a work order. Here it is the next day, and we still don't have phone service. When you call our number, is still says it's not an active number. I called Comcast Customer Service, and the rep refused to believe the phone wasn't working. He said it showed that it's working on their end and, ergo, must be working. I asked if he was looking at the right phone number, and he refused to answer. Now I don't know what to do. We can't get phone calls or voice mails, and comcast refuses to fix it. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

New Poster

Re: Phone service disconnected?

We are experiencing a simular problem. 2days ago we noticed our phone number was coming up on caller Id's as a different number. When I tried to call my home phone # it says the number isn't in service. After waiting for 1/2hr to talk with a customer service rep. she insisted I made the change 3 months ago. When I tried to explain that I never athourized any such change and that I have bills going back the last 2 1/2yrs with my correct number she didn't know what to say except it must have been me that changed it. Very frustarating when a service that you pay good money for doesn't work properly and when you try to get it fixed they blame you. I wonder if they have been hacked?????????

Regular Visitor

reading issues phone service, thought my issues went unnoticed, it't only has been 9mo for me.

many times have tried to contact, plenty of sales numbers, no SERVICE contacts. sad when you

wish time would go faster, contracts ended!! on lile today in chat situation reference issues, lo and behold dropped internet lost all. you don't recone planed. internet still goes off line!! purchesed 2 differtent phones. still no v o i c e  phone

New Poster

We are encountering exactly the same problem, and it started yesterday!  Somehting very strange is going on.  We got a new account and after several hours ont he phone got the number ported to our new account.  Then, yesterday, our modem was out and Comcast needed to reset it.  Strange thing is that we can call out no problem.  We just can't receive calls.

Service Expert

hktphoel wrote:

We are encountering exactly the same problem, and it started yesterday!  Somehting very strange is going on.  We got a new account and after several hours ont he phone got the number ported to our new account.  Then, yesterday, our modem was out and Comcast needed to reset it.  Strange thing is that we can call out no problem.  We just can't receive calls.

You don't want to hear this....but you need to call CC and have them reprovision your acct on the Gateway....   Other than pulling power and rebooting the device, this sounds like an account issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

We can call out no calls come in it says you reached a none working number

Contributor

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Comcast, and exchanging emails with someone in their "Escalation" division. They finally restored our phone number, but we still can't read our voicemail online. They seem entirely incapable of handling this problem that they, themselves, created.

Regular Contributor

If anybody is having trouble getting their service problems resolved with phone support, then you might try emailing Comcast at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com because they can get you in contact with a higher level of support.

If you think your phone number was changed, you should call a different phone line and see if your number comes up on the caller id.