Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone rings back

New Poster

Phone rings back

I just moved my mothers phone service to Comcast for phone service 2 weeks ago and now everytime I hang up the phone (doesn't matter if I call out or someone calls me) the phone rings back.  There is no caller ID, I asked Comcast to disable Call Waiting (not sure if they really did), and if I let the phone just ring, it will go to my voicemail.  She has 2 phones so the modem is hookup up to a wall phone line in the den and the 2 phones are hooked up each to a wall jack (so no phone is connected directly to the modem).  

There are plenty of web complaints about this issue but no resolution.  Please help me asap.  

I have Comcast service and I do not have this problem.

Please advise.

Service Expert

Re: Phone rings back

mjausting2013,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Phone rings back

How many days does it take to get a response?  Mom is getting pretty frustrated with her phone service.  Century Link didn't have this issue.  Please advise on what is going to be done for this problem.

Thank you.