Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone problems AGAIN

Frequent Visitor

Phone problems AGAIN

After decades with Comcast, we are having constant problems with our internet and phone.  This has been going on for months. I count 22 days of needing to call. Today, again, the phones are acting up.  There is an intermittent dial tone or the phone cuts out totally. I am about to scream.

New Poster

Re: Phone problems AGAIN

having same problem...about to switch carriers for entire account.

New Poster

I feel your pain !!  We are having phone issues as well. Apparently they started Wednesday night but we didn't know about it till later Thursday. Off & on Thursday the phone would ring one time, I would answer it but all I got was a dial tone. We just thought it was a wrong number. Later that night I was waiting for a call from my sister. Well the phone rang once, I answered got dial tone. The phone kept ringing just once but everytime I answered I had a dial tone.  We finally called our home phone with our cell phone & got the message that we were unavailable to please leave a message. I was like WHAT !!  We called Comcast & the girl said our phone was showing offline as was our internet (which has had a terrible connection for months & we still cant get that fixed right). Had us disconnect everything from the modem & reboot the box, she then hung up on me. I called back in got someone else, had to go through all of it again, got disconnected. The 3rd person I talked with tried to reboot from their location & said Ok its working now (it wasn't)  so escelated the issue. Told me I would get a call back on teh cell phone within the hour. Next morning still no call back, so I called them again. Was told the problem was fixed, but it wasn't. They then told me I had to wait to call back until 9pm that night 24 hrs from when we made the 1st complaint.  Waited till 9 pm called back, told they fixed it, still not fixed, but at least we could make outgoing calls. They rebooted something & was told it was fixed, now I have no phone at all, outgoing or incoming. Almost afraid to call in again will prob end up with no internet or tv service.  They are sending a tech out on Tuesday though. However I find it very interesting that when I look online at incoming, missed & placed calls. Apparently someone is using my number & calling someone in Massachusetts & has been since Dec 11  ughhh

Frequent Visitor

Never had this much trouble with Att.This is not acceptable for a senior citizen without a phone cant contact family members in an emergency.