Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone number showing in placed calls

New Poster

Phone number showing in placed calls

I signed up for voice a few weeks ago and I noticed today that each morning at exactly 4:02 AM a call is placed from my home number to an 866 number that reaches what appears to be a fax machine. The call lasts usually 6-8 seconds but occasionally goes up to 20-25. I can't find anything out about this number and no one at my home is placing the call. I've tried finding it on reverse directory but several show that the number doesn't exist. Some say they have info, but can't tell me. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Cable Expert

Re: Phone number showing in placed calls

That would mostly likely be a device dialing in like a Tivo, Water Meter, Alarm System, or similar automated device in the home.

Unplug your inside wiring from the eMTA temporally when you go to bed, and watch the calls stop dialing out overnight.  That will confirm it is a device in the home.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon