Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone not working

New Poster

Phone not working

I have no dial tone and can not receive calls all calls go right to voice mail.

I have attempt to resent my modem and have internet service

New Poster

Re: Phone not working

my phone is out of service help

New Poster

I have the same problem, my phone is not working, no dial tone only static, and my internet and TV are fine!

New Poster

I am having thew same problem, have reset modem, disconnected modem ( wait some time before reconnecting) and have unplug all my phones,

New Poster

I had the same problem since receiving the new "updated" modem - come to find out that my portable phone is not compatible and neither is my fax machine.  If either of these is connected to a phone jack, I either get no dial tone or heavy static.  And the static is there whether I use the outdated phone or not.  It only needs to be connected to the jack.  I found these posts while trying to find out what fax machine might be compatible with this new modem and I'm not having any luck

New Poster

We are getting a constant busy signal on the phone.  This has been going on all day.  No phones are off the hook. HELP!

Regular Contributor

If you use the phone jacks in your home, you should unplug the phone wire going from the modem to the phone jack, and plug a working telephone into the phone jack on the back of the modem.  If your phone still does not work, you will probably need to call Comcast because it might be a problem on their end since you said your Comcast internet service is working.  If the phone does work when you hve the phone plugged directly into the modem, you might have a problem with the telephone wiring in your house.  If you use the phone jacks in your house, you might also want to check if the phone wire is unplugged from the test jack at the NID because the technician might have not done this when they installed your phone service. 

New Poster

all my phones have no dail tone and says no line, TV and internet are fine.