Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone not working for days

New Poster

Phone not working for days

I have no dial tone, and when placing a call to my number, a message plays that the call cannot be completed as dialed, or that the number is no longer in service.  Attempts to access readable voice mail from Comcast In-box results in a message that there is no phone number associated with this account.   Calls to customer service tell me my phone service is connected.

I am being billed for a service I cannot use.  One more example of poor customer service.  

Service Expert

Re: Phone not working for days

pbvincent,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Hello pbvincent--

I have similar problems and the regular Techs won't be able to help you. The Tier 1 Techs go blank after few reboots and they will create a Tier 2 higher level ticket for which you won't probbably get a response but they falsely claim that they will get back to you 24-48 hours.

One of the Techs told me to upgrade the modem to the latest DOCSIS 3.0 certified if you have a older modem such as SBV5220. It should be free if you have an older one: I will be testing this tomorrow.

However, my permanent solution to this probem is to find a reliable analog land phone line provider and ditch Comcast Voice.

fyi: I've been without telephone since Sunday.

Administrator
Administrator

pbvincent wrote:

I have no dial tone, and when placing a call to my number, a message plays that the call cannot be completed as dialed, or that the number is no longer in service.  Attempts to access readable voice mail from Comcast In-box results in a message that there is no phone number associated with this account.   Calls to customer service tell me my phone service is connected.

I am being billed for a service I cannot use.  One more example of poor customer service.  

pbvincent, I was able to see that your account had a voluntary disconnection of service that was set and was later canceled. This created an issue with the number going into a cancellation status in our end, I was able to see that the account was later re-activated but the phone stayed in a canceled status. The phone was re-provisioned for you on our end, as long as you still have the phone connected into telephone 1 it should be working for you now. -FC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Administrator
Administrator

MerianCroos1, I checked the phone for you and I am showing that everything is showing as active on our end. Are you still having any issues with this? -FC 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Had a technician to come out and check.  All is ok now. thanks!

New Poster

I did NOT voluntarily disconnect.  The account was put into a disconnect status when I changed the primary account name to mine, after the death of my husband.  I was required to submit a copy of the death certificate in order to do that.  This has been quite a mix up on all aspects.  Now I find that even though I am paying for non-published number, my name and address comes up on a reverse white pages look up.  

Service Expert
Moved:

Administrator
Administrator

I am sorry for your loss pbvincent.  Usually when a name change happens they might place a disconnection of service on the system and I just wanted to let you know the reason why the issue happen. Can you confirm that the line is working now? I did do some corrections that should have helped. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.