Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone line does not work

New Poster

Phone line does not work

I have Xfnity Cable, internet and phone service. The Internet and Cable work perfectly. The Phone does not work: NO DIAL TONE AT ALL. The Tel1 light is blinking on the cable modem even when nothing is plugged into it. I tried plugging a phone DIRECTLY into the Tel1 jack but I don't get a dial tone then either. HELP!

New Poster

Re: Phone line does not work

I have the same trouble.  Comcast service has not been good

Bronze Problem Solver

Hello plwildman,

My system found that your gateway was not properly provisioned for incoming calls (I'm honestly not sure how this happened). I re-provisioned your gateway. Do you have a dial tone now?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

pcbflorida wrote:

I have the same trouble.  Comcast service has not been good

pcbflorida,

I tried to open your account to assist you as well, but I was unable to.

If you still need assistance, please click on my name and send me a private message with your account number listed in the message.

Please do not post your account number here.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

telephone says check telephone line ....on the arris which i assume is the voice box link light is flashing....as you can tell my internet service is working who do i need call or what can i do i do not have dial tone and we have a business and therefore my cc from wednesday have not run through

plwildman wrote:

I have Xfnity Cable, internet and phone service. The Internet and Cable work perfectly. The Phone does not work: NO DIAL TONE AT ALL. The Tel1 light is blinking on the cable modem even when nothing is plugged into it. I tried plugging a phone DIRECTLY into the Tel1 jack but I don't get a dial tone then either. HELP!

plwildman wrote: