Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone line distortion

New Poster

Phone line distortion

I have the Comcast package with phone/cable/internet and use the land line for my work. Every single day there is horrible distortion on the line around 11:45 am and 2:30 pm that disrupts and ruins my work calls. Multiple times I have called Comcast or chatted with a rep online and each time they say "There is an update that needs to be done. This should be a permanent fix." It never is. Recently I was completely fed up with this, as the phone completely interrupted a conference call and I was utterly embarrassed. I called Comcast explaining my irritation and told them that this had been going on since February and their "fixes" never help. The rep proceeded to tell me that it is probably something I am doing- having my phone too close to my modem, having a cell phone too close to my land line, etc.. This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with and I cannot wait to finally be able to move so that I can leave Comcast. Until using this company, I have never heard of a land line having issues like this and it's absurd that I am actually paying them money for a phone line that works 50% of the time. Ridiculous!

Service Expert

Re: Phone line distortion

JcI0407,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Phone line distortion

I have the bundled package with Comcast: phone, internet, cable.  Over the last several months I have experience repeated outages, extremely poor voice quality and inconsistent internet.  As I work from home, this is quite problematic.  Today I LOST A CLIENT, because of the poor voice quality.  I contacted tech support only to be told I had two options: pay $70 for a tech visit or enroll in the SPP for a monthly service charge.  I asked why would I have to pay for a tech visit when this is a comcast issue and I already pay my monthly service bill.  Pay for service = expect reliable service.  It's that simple.  The two options above were repeated as my only resources.  This is a pure attempt at a money-grab.  I asked to speak to a supervisor three times and each time was told that no one was available to speak to me.  My local community has a facebook page and almost every day, someone is posting problems with comcast.  This is absolutely infuriating and I find it horrible customer service to hold your customers hostage - accept lousy service or pay additional fees to fix the service you are already paying for?  If I operated my business in such a manner, I'd be losing customers right and left...but perhaps thats the point...