Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone landline not working??

New Poster

Phone landline not working??

I have triple play. I have a phone landline that is suppose to be connected. It is not. I have trouble shooted my phone by hitting the reset button on the back of theXfinity modem and I have also connected my phone directly into the back of the unit. It does not work. I do not have a landline now!! Please help get this working for me.

New Poster

Re: Phone landline not working??

I am having the same problem.  I wonder if this is related to the 'free' second WiFi making my home a hotspot for my neighbors to piggyback on!????  I wish I had been asked about this new 'service'. But, more than that, I depend on my landline.  All lights on the modem are working. I'll reset and hope for the best.

New Poster

Re: Phone landline not working??-reset worked

I used a paper clip and reset with the pinhole on the back of the router/modem. I also tapped the button on the top of the router/modem. That did the trick and fixed the phone problem.  And the TV and internet are working fine too.

Valued Contributor

dpoiss0 wrote:

I have triple play. I have a phone landline that is suppose to be connected. It is not. I have trouble shooted my phone by hitting the reset button on the back of theXfinity modem and I have also connected my phone directly into the back of the unit. It does not work. I do not have a landline now!! Please help get this working for me.

There are 2 telephone jacks on the modem, only 1 will work.  make sure you have you're phone connected to the correct one.

Try resetting the modem.  There is a small button, usually inside a hole on the back or bottom of the modem.  Use something non-metallic to press the button.  Hold the button in for a few seconds until the indicator lights on the modem reset.

If that doesn't work, then call Comcast and have a reset signal sent to the modem.

Regular Visitor

M.y landline has not been working for two weeks...I was told each time that was a outtage in my area.    After reporting to my Condo Assn....I found out that everyone in my building had service, accept me.     Please figure this out for me.