Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone jacks in house not working

New Poster

Phone jacks in house not working

I have attempted to plug in several phones to phone jacks thru out the house and no dial tone.. Internet working. router is lit up but the other equipment has no lights at all.  I have no phone to call Comcast.  Don't know what to do.

Service Expert

Re: Phone jacks in house not working

furrylady wrote:

I have attempted to plug in several phones to phone jacks thru out the house and no dial tone.. Internet working. router is lit up but the other equipment has no lights at all.  I have no phone to call Comcast.  Don't know what to do.

Does the phone plugged directly into the TEL1 jack on the modem work????

If so, you may need to call a low voltage contractor to take a look at your internal phone wiring in the house.  Comcast only ensures that the phone connected to the modem works.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone jacks nt workin/ ME TOO

We are in BOSTON, MA and having the SAME PROBLEM~!! then when I go to CHAT LIVE I can't do it- I am getting a message about "Twin Cities severe weather..." that doesn't look like it's meant for a regular customer, but rather an agent- because it doesn't make sense- and I am not even close to Minnesota! (Twin Cities)

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! when people call me it goes RIGHT to voice mail-

It's been bad for a couple days but now I have NO SERVICE!

Did you get yours back?

If so, what did they say was wrong?

The guy that replied to you- ttat was nice but it doesn't sound like you need to call a contractor- lol- I think you better stick with COMCAST first!!!

(low voltage, etc)

Let me know ok, I am really honked off over here! I can't call out cuz I have only 500 minutes on my cell plan!!! This would eat all minutes up!

Frequent Visitor

PHONE JACKS NOT WORKING ME NOR LIVE CHAT

We are in BOSTON, MA and having the SAME PROBLEM~!! then when I go to CHAT LIVE I can't do it- I am getting a message about "Twin Cities severe weather..." that doesn't look like it's meant for a regular customer, but rather an agent- because it doesn't make sense- and I am not even close to Minnesota! (Twin Cities)

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! when people call me it goes RIGHT to voice mail-

It's been bad for a couple days but now I have NO SERVICE!

Did you get yours back?

If so, what did they say was wrong?

The guy that replied to you- ttat was nice but it doesn't sound like you need to call a contractor- lol- I think you better stick with COMCAST first!!!

(low voltage, etc)

Let me know ok, I am really honked off over here! I can't call out cuz I have only 500 minutes on my cell plan!!! This would eat all minutes up!