Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone issues false rings after any use.

New Poster

Phone issues false rings after any use.

Just had Comcast voice installed last Friday, the 20th.  Whenever we use the phone, to EITHER make or receive calls, at the completion of same, the phone will issue a short ring, and the handset says it's still connected.  In some cases, the phone will issue a single ring up to one minute after the call has been completed. 

I called the cellphone of the installing technician the very afternoon of the installation (he said he would be available), and as of now, still haven't heard back from him.  This is unacceptable. 

I note that on your FAQ's you imply that the phone might do this if it hasn't completely disconnected.  Well, we never, ever had this problem before we brought in Comcast.  This needs to be fixed.  Do you have a solution, or should we just go back to Verizon?
Regular Contributor

Re: Phone issues false rings after any use.

Dear badmusic,

I’m sorry that you’re having problems with your new CDV service. This kind of a problem is commonly called a “ringback” issue and is very correctable. It is usually indicative of a provisioning problem.

I’ve created a repair ticket for you and the problem should be corrected within 24-72 hours. Please feel free to contact us if the problem continues.

Richard