Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone is out again!

Contributor

Phone is out again!

We have had the new digital voice for about a month and it has been out several times.  And it seems to go out when it rains.  Once I reset the modem and that worked.  And a couple of times we just left it and it came back on by itself by morning.  But this time nothing works.  We contacted live chat and he said to try to put the phone cord directly into the modem and that worked.  He said it probably was the lines in our house....maybe there is a leak in our walls....and that he would send out a technician.  That makes no sense to me....we have lived here for 10 years and never had a problem with our phones until we switched to the new digital voice.  Any suggestions?
Regular Contributor

Re: Phone is out again!

Dear lynnshepard,
Problems of this sort, especially during inclement weather, could be caused by your telephone wiring that is either faulty or exposed. For example:
There could be a small leak in your home that is allowing moisture to come into contact with your wiring. This in turn can cause a short when it comes into contact with any exposed wire, even if you can’t see it.
It’s also possible that there may be an uncovered connection somewhere outside of your home, and this could also cause a similar situation.
Unfortunately, we just won’t know for sure what the problem is until a service technician checks for all of the various possibilities. Since I can already see that you are scheduled for a service technician, I’ll wait until your service call is completed and then follow up on your account and confirm that the problem has been resolved.
I apologize for your inconvenience, and I hope this addresses your concerns.

Thanks for posting!
Jim