Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone is cutting in and out

New Poster

Phone is cutting in and out

I am having an issue with the phone cutting in and out ever since I got a Technicolor TC8305C modem. Here is a summary of my nightmare with Comcast. What is even more unbelievable is that each technician who came out had no clue what steps the previous technician took to resolve the issue. Does Neil Smit, CEO of Comcast know how inefficiently this company is run. Why don't they note accounts???

I was experiencing intermittent wifi internet and cable connectivity issues since mid December. I called numerous times and had my modem reset which did not resolve the issues. So a technician was scheduled.

1/1 – Technician tightened a loose connection outside the house and replaced some corroded connections on the pole outside our house. That still did resolve the issue.

1/7 – Technician replaced the Arris modem with a Technicolor modem and replaced some splits. Issue still wasn’t resolved and then I started to experience the phone cutting in and out. It has happened on all 3 cordless phones and a corded phone. It even occurs when I plug the phone directly into the modem.

1/17 – Technician put new ends on some cables. Issue still was not resolved.

1/20 - I experienced very slow internet and when I reset the modem the issue was resolved but the same thing happened on 1/21.

1/21 – The technician tested his phone in the modem and it cut in and out. Technician replaced the modem and did something to one of the amplifiers.

1/22 – In the morning I had no internet so I changed the channel on the modem to 11 which resolved the issue but my phone still cuts in and out. Resetting the modem each day is the only thing that resolves the issue.

I noticed quite a few recent posts from customers who are experiencing the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Re: Phone is cutting in and out

Ditto on comments by BB2244. I am think about firing comcast and using two cans attached to a string like we did as kids.

New Poster

Re: Phone is cutting in and out

Same scenario! three techs, three visits, none of them knew what the other had done.  All thought they had solved my problem.  llne is so scratchy, and cuts in and out.  Contemplating firing them as well.  Their customer service is horrible!