Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone - intermittent inability to connect

New Poster

Phone - intermittent inability to connect

Been on hold with Comcast for 40 mins and counting, so figured I may as well post.  From my home phone, when I dial someone, the reciever hears the phone ring, but when they pick up, there is silence.  When someone calls me, there is just silence.  This has been intermittent for a while, but is getting worse.  Anyone else have this experience, in Chicago?

New Poster

Re: Phone - intermittent inability to connect

Yes same at zipcode 60941.  Dialtone, but either silence or busy signal after dialing out.  Calls ring in but silence when picked up.  Support gives busy signal on all options for technical assistance. 

New Poster

I'm having the same issues out in the suburbs.  Waited for 40 minutes on chat, was number 457 in the cue.  Oddly enough, it doesn't show any type of service outage in my area but it appears this is happending all over Illinois.

New Poster

Same problem for 2 days. Rebooted gateway 3 times. No change. Online states that they know that they have outages in my area. 60803

New Poster

I am in California and we are experiencing the very same issues for a few days now. Today - we have had no phone service, inbound or outbound, going on 3.5 hours now!!