Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone features not working

Frequent Visitor

Phone features not working

I am having a problem with one of my phone features. I am not able to use the call block function, which is *60. I listened to the prompts and followed them completely, and was told the number was added; however, the calls are constantly coming through from the blocked number. I decided to log in to try and acces my voice features online, but it is only showing that I have cable and internet services, and when I select voice, it is giving me the current plan offers. I have had this service for over a year and I am not sure of what the problem is. Comcast said it would be 48 hours until they can get the issue resolved, so I have to keep getting annoying calls on my phone!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone features not working

Are you sure the number calling you is showing the number on the caller id?  Have you answered the call and asked them to put you on their do not call list.  Are you on the national do not call registry?    If you answered yes to all these here are the instructions to try again.  Best bet is to answer the call and talk to the people, unless they are bill collectors then your out of luck with that one.

What is Call Screening and how do I use it with my Comcast Digital Voice® service?
When you don't want to be interrupted by certain callers, Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you re not presently accepting calls.

To use Call Screening:

Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *60.
A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature. The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.
To cancel Call Screening:

Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *80.
When prompted press 3 to turn the feature off.
Note: When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7 digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers