Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone doesn't work after switching

New Poster

Phone doesn't work after switching

Phone doesn't ring, just changed over 2-4-13. I see all the complaints and wish I hadn't made the change. I still have the message from the old service when I call my home number. Can't set up the new voice message.

Note: Phone is now working. It hadn't been released by the previous provider.

Cable Expert

Re: Phone doesn't work after switching

Please contact Comcast support as this is a community forum without access to your account.

1-800-266-2278

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'm having the same issues, with my newly ported number--can call out, can't get calls in, all calls go to the old voice mail system. 

Thank you for posting, I got right on it and called to get a ticket open.

The problem is that I'm afraid to cancel my old service until we have this working as then we wouldn't get messages from callers. This phone is for my elderly mother's MIL suite, as she needs to get messages from her doctors and medical providers.

I'll post again if I get the service straightened out. Good luck with your phone service!!

While the other replier made a good point that this is not a Comcast service forum, it is about Comcast Xfinity Voice and Service, and as customers, we have the right to discuss our voice service--or lack of service.

Frequent Visitor

My problem was solved today, now can get incoming calls.

kwegner740, please keep calling Comcast to get your issue resolved, I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck!