Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone calls going straight to VM

Regular Visitor

Phone calls going straight to VM

Incoming calls are going straight to vm and phone does not ring. 

New Poster

Re: Phone calls going straight to VM

malutzrn wrote:

Incoming calls are going straight to vm and phone does not ring. 

Same thing here. Does anyone have an answer?

New Poster

Called Comcast to troubleshoot.  Got disconnected.  Now no phone service.

New Poster

Same thing here; goes straight to VM and does not ring.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Calls going directly to voicemail with no ring.  I also cannot get a dial tone to call out.  All phone connections are good.  The Comcast phone light has gone out and when I contacted Comcast this morning, they said it was there porblem and I should check back later.  It is now eight hours later and no correction.  Makes me wonder why I pay Comcast.

Regular Visitor

You used to be able to change how many rings you get before VM, in your email page, at the top, voice option.

Now it doesn't work, I've called and was told it would be available at 845 pm because of problems in the area.  It's 6 days later, still hasn't been fixed, even if it was being fixed!! 

Hello comcast, where are you!!!???!!

Regular Visitor

I unplugged my router/modem, waited a few minutes, then plugged it in again. Phones are ringing again for now. 

New Poster

My wife asked me to check / realized call waiting wasn't working.  People calling in - while she is on the phone - go straight to VM.  Double checked / set to go to VM after 6 rings.  "Resaved" settings - still doesn't work / doesn't wait for 6 rings, B4 going to VM.

Apparently, it's not just me.  I'm in Taylorsville, Ut.  Is this a local, state-wide, or nation-wide problem?  Hello out there ... (Can you hear me now?)

Have never used these forums before.  Does Support ever look at these, or do I need to file a report with them?

Regular Visitor

But can you access the voice tab from your email page.  Thats where I can't get to.  I need to change how many rings I get.  And set up where my visual messages can be sent.  Says my television and voice needs to be activated.  Calling is futile, chat is worse, and the money we spend on these services are crazy expensive!!

Regular Visitor

I dont think support looks here.  good luck

Problem Solver

When you have problems with your phone service the first thing you should try is to reboot your gateway or eMTA. If you have a battery in it use the reset button on back. If you have no battery then just unplug power and replug in.

New Poster

Nationwide problem. Here in Michigan, too. Ever since Comcast forced us to change our router, we've had phone calls going straight to VM. We also have had other devices unable to connect to the internet.

New Poster

phone calls go directly to VM instead of our Panasonic answering machine......No flashing light on machine as a result....