New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Signal Breaking Up.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Phone Signal Breaking Up.

I just got a Xfinity Voice account at my new location. When I called my power company I couldn't get through the Voice Menu because it seems that every other word was being dropped. I used my cell phone to complete the call. I tried to call Comcast and could not get through their voice menu for the same reasons. I already have an appointment with Comcast scheduled for this Friday 1-16-2015. Will the technician be able to address this problem in addition to installing new X1 equipment. I don't have another phone, can the technician determine whether my phone signal is good or not without me having to buy another phone to test the connection?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Signal Breaking Up.

This is an update to my phone problem:

My problems started when I decided to move from Newark, DE to West Grove, PA. I had an Xfinity Triple play package with TV, Phone and Internet and was paying $169/month. I went to the Comcast Site to schedule my move, but I couldn't get service at my new address. I call Comcast and was told that I would have to visit a customer service center and schedule an install. I visited a customer service center in Downingtown, PA on December 18th to set up an install. The person behind the desk appeared to have trouble setting up the account, but eventually gave me a bag with a DVR and a cable modem and told me to install the equipment and call Comcast to activate it. I thought this was odd, why couldn't this have been done over the phone? I told the person behind the desk that I would not be moving until January 6th. He told me that it didn't matter.
Due to bad weather my actual move-in date was January 7th. I hooked up the equipment and not a single thing worked, there was no signal of any kind coming through the cable. I called Comcast and was told that I needed to have a technician install everything. I was able to get a technician scheduled for the next morning. He installed my equipment. Everything appeared to be working, but I noticed that my DVR was not an X1 Platform like I had at my previous dwelling. I called Comcast about upgrading to the X1 platform and I was told that it was a free upgrade for my account and that a technician will be at my place on January 16th between 9 am and 11am. During the week I noticed problems with my Comcast phone; words were being dropped on my incoming signal although my voice appeared to broadcast without interruption. I couldn't even get through the Comcast menu when I called about it and I had to use my cell phone. On January 15th I complained about the phone and confirmed my appointment for the X1 install the next day. I also inquired whether or not the technician could look at my phone and was told that he would take care of me. I didn't know it but an appointment for January 20th was scheduled to work on the phone.
On January 16th the day of my appointment for the X1 install, I waited and waited. At approx. 11:30 am I called Comcast looking for the status of my appointment.  After being routed through three separate people and at each step verifying my name, address and last four of my social security number, I was told that the technician was running late and would be at my place at approx. 12:30 pm. I told the Comcast person that better customer service could be achieved by having the technician call if he was going to be late. I was told that they would make a note of my complaint. At approx 1:30 pm I still had not heard anything about my appointment. I called Comcast again and was told that my appointment was showing up as "Canceled", I told the support person that this was a mistake and that I was getting different stories from different people and was a bit confused. The support person put me on hold to gather more information about the appointment. After approx. 10 minutes on hold I was rerouted to the beginning to the phone tree and asked what I was calling about and to verify my identity.
I have never experienced such a total lack of customer service and after using Comcast almost continuously for the past twenty years. I have had enough. I asked to be connected to the person who could close my account. I am getting rid of Comcast TV and Phone. I am paying too much (my first bill at the new location was $230, during which time the cable was not even connected at my new place) for the level of service that I am receiving. I need internet so I'm allowing Comcast to handle that. Although someone in my building has a non password protected WiFi account and depending on how reliable this other account is, that could change.

View answer in context
New Poster

I am having the same problem here in NE Jacksonville.  Does Comcast monitor these chats so they can respond?

New Poster

Having the same problem; onset prior to the holidays and it has continued into January. This type of service is unacceptable and needs to be rectified. Comcast support? Suggestions? 

New Poster

Having the same issue in Washington DC. Glad to know it's not just me though.

New Poster

What makes matters worse is that I can't call them on my cell, due to poor signal inside the house.  Comcast obviously has a problem, as I also keep losing internet connection.

New Poster

Same issue here.  I can't call out.  The suggestion from Comcast live chat was to call their 800 number, which I can't do, which is why I logged on in the first place.

New Poster

I am encountering this same problem here in northwest Chicago suburbs.  The problem started yesterday and has been going on for about 24 hours. It "sounds" like someone is monitoring my calls as you can hear a break into the conversation.  Anyone have any ideas? 

New Poster

I finally went to online chat and requested they set up a service call for phone & internert probs.  They scheduled for the next day, tech came out, tested our line & determined that one of our TV lines was allowing radio signals in which is why the "signal drop"  or noise on the phone line.  Problem solved.  P.S. the weather in India is fine!

Regular Contributor

Starting yesterday 1/14, Hearing breakup on voice in Southwest Chicago suburbs. Can detect breakthough from another call or what sounds like it for about a half second every 2-3 seconds. The other party has no issue hearing me but I lose about every 5th word.

Regular Contributor

Update- Power cycled the modem (TC8305C) and last 2 calls have been clear.

Regular Contributor

Update- the power cycle is a temporary fix. The problem is back.

New Poster

This is an update to my phone problem:

My problems started when I decided to move from Newark, DE to West Grove, PA. I had an Xfinity Triple play package with TV, Phone and Internet and was paying $169/month. I went to the Comcast Site to schedule my move, but I couldn't get service at my new address. I call Comcast and was told that I would have to visit a customer service center and schedule an install. I visited a customer service center in Downingtown, PA on December 18th to set up an install. The person behind the desk appeared to have trouble setting up the account, but eventually gave me a bag with a DVR and a cable modem and told me to install the equipment and call Comcast to activate it. I thought this was odd, why couldn't this have been done over the phone? I told the person behind the desk that I would not be moving until January 6th. He told me that it didn't matter.
Due to bad weather my actual move-in date was January 7th. I hooked up the equipment and not a single thing worked, there was no signal of any kind coming through the cable. I called Comcast and was told that I needed to have a technician install everything. I was able to get a technician scheduled for the next morning. He installed my equipment. Everything appeared to be working, but I noticed that my DVR was not an X1 Platform like I had at my previous dwelling. I called Comcast about upgrading to the X1 platform and I was told that it was a free upgrade for my account and that a technician will be at my place on January 16th between 9 am and 11am. During the week I noticed problems with my Comcast phone; words were being dropped on my incoming signal although my voice appeared to broadcast without interruption. I couldn't even get through the Comcast menu when I called about it and I had to use my cell phone. On January 15th I complained about the phone and confirmed my appointment for the X1 install the next day. I also inquired whether or not the technician could look at my phone and was told that he would take care of me. I didn't know it but an appointment for January 20th was scheduled to work on the phone.
On January 16th the day of my appointment for the X1 install, I waited and waited. At approx. 11:30 am I called Comcast looking for the status of my appointment.  After being routed through three separate people and at each step verifying my name, address and last four of my social security number, I was told that the technician was running late and would be at my place at approx. 12:30 pm. I told the Comcast person that better customer service could be achieved by having the technician call if he was going to be late. I was told that they would make a note of my complaint. At approx 1:30 pm I still had not heard anything about my appointment. I called Comcast again and was told that my appointment was showing up as "Canceled", I told the support person that this was a mistake and that I was getting different stories from different people and was a bit confused. The support person put me on hold to gather more information about the appointment. After approx. 10 minutes on hold I was rerouted to the beginning to the phone tree and asked what I was calling about and to verify my identity.
I have never experienced such a total lack of customer service and after using Comcast almost continuously for the past twenty years. I have had enough. I asked to be connected to the person who could close my account. I am getting rid of Comcast TV and Phone. I am paying too much (my first bill at the new location was $230, during which time the cable was not even connected at my new place) for the level of service that I am receiving. I need internet so I'm allowing Comcast to handle that. Although someone in my building has a non password protected WiFi account and depending on how reliable this other account is, that could change.

Regular Contributor

I reported tagging this post Solved, as inappropriate content but after re-reading it, I suppose you could characterize the solution as leaving Comcast for another provider or stealing your neighbor's internet connection. I just find it silly that Comcast would endorse such a solution by marking it SOLVED.

Service Expert

wjdhsyhjsz,

THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN MARK A POST AS THE SOLUTION IS THE PERSON WHO STARTED THE TOPIC.

There is nothing wrong with vcpelletier  marking his own post as the solution since that was the solution for him/her.

Comcast does not endorse any solution whether it is or is not a solution. The solution is what worked for the topic starter.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I appologize. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I wasn't thinking when this was posted as a general solution. I'm sorry.

Good luck on your problem.