Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Service Out > 12 hours

Regular Visitor

Phone Service Out > 12 hours

WTF..."circuits busy" for 12 hours! No such thing as "circuit" in digital world.

What Comcast doesn't want to say is that their equipment is broken and they can't fix it!

Shame on them for not having spares on hand and trained people to make the swap. An outage of this length is more characteristic of the third world in 1970 than any competant company in the world today.

What's going on? When will Comcast restore service?
Security Expert

Re: Phone Service Out > 12 hours

Oldsilver wrote:
WTF..."circuits busy" for 12 hours! No such thing as "circuit" in digital world.

There's not? Shucks You need to go to work for us... just think of the die size of a circuitless chip... Smiley Wink

What Comcast doesn't want to say is that their equipment is broken and they can't fix it!
Try PMing a Mod (One of the guys with a Comcast logo by their forum name) they can be very helpful

Shame on them for not having spares on hand and trained people to make the swap. An outage of this length is more characteristic of the third world in 1970 than any competant company in the world today.
I can find things to agree with in that statement, except, there are always spares that it is not cost effective to keep on hand.. and sometimes even that part fails..

What's going on? When will Comcast restore service?

I can't answer that question, perhaps one of those mods can do that though

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Phone Service Out > 12 hours

Hello Oldsilver:

I’m sorry that you could not complete your calls over the weekend with your CDV service! After speaking with you, I confirmed that there was an outage your area that was affecting your service. The outage has been resolved and service has been restored.

To clarify your statement concerning the "All circuits busy" recording when there are no circuits in the digital world. The "All circuits busy" is a common term used in the telecommunications industry to indicate that your call simply cannot go through at this time. Please remember that once a call leaves our network, and travels to another network (provider) or just over the internet itself, we have no control over the quality of that call.  If you have any other problems, please feel free to contact us for assistance.

Thanks

modmlr

Message Edited by modmlr on 10-30-2007 01:49 PM