Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Modem keeps loosing connection!!

New Poster

Phone Modem keeps loosing connection!!

For the last couple of weeks our phone modem has kept disconnecting, I would have service one minute and none the next. It would go hours and days without service. I went the other day to swap out both my internet and phone modem. The rep gave me all new wiring and boxes and splitters. Installed it all and the phone had been working for about 1 day and now it is doing it again, I've reset it multiple times with no results. My internet is finally working fine but the phone is still loosing connection and going straight to voicemail. PLEASE HELP!!! Is there any new solutions to this?? 

New Poster

Re: Phone Modem keeps loosing connection!!

Same problem here. Phone keeps dropping calla . Switched equipment still happened tech came out and replaced wires from pole to house. Very nice guy. Next day phone keeps dropping again. Tech came out again my husband told him what the last tech did and the guy told him that my husband "has not stopped running his mouth since he first came in the door let him do his job" My husband explained he was just answering his questions about what the last guy did and then kicked him out. Took the survey and told what happened they scheduled a tech to come out . Never showed up when called they said it was bad phones. swapped phones with new ones still dropping calls worse customer service ever had. need to keep phone for husbands heart condition but will be dropping comcast completely as soon as I can get verizon out here

New Poster

Re: Phone Modem keeps loosing connection!!

Same story, twice during phone interviews!! Maddening! They tried blaming the wireless router. I took it out, still losing calls. I need to get the landline back!

New Poster

Re: cut off after talking for a while

We don't care expert, it's not reliable, I want my old phone service back!

New Poster

Re: Intermittant Service Disruption

I'm having the same problems.