Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Line Dead

New Poster

Phone Line Dead

My phone lines are dead.  No dial tone.   Every call goes straight to the voicemail

New Poster

Re: Phone Line Dead

my phone is dead no dail tone I check everything please help

Regular Visitor

Our phones are dead too with all incoming calls going directly to voicemail.  We cannot retrieve any messages.

New Poster

My phone lines are dead.  No dial tone.   Every call goes straight to the voicemail

New Poster

Phone line is dead also,

New Poster

Unplug the power supply to your router, wait 30 secs and plug it back in. Let the router reboot (could take up to 10 mins) and try the phone again. Happened to me eariler today.

New Poster

I had the same problem.  I did the "reset the router" and it failed.  What had happened was the wind had done something to the connection outside and two wires touched causing a shortage in my line. If resetting the router doesn't work you might want to check that. 

Highlandcows wrote:

Our phones are dead too with all incoming calls going directly to voicemail.  We cannot retrieve any messages.

New Poster

This is day number 2 (TWO) that my phone is dead. Rebooting, repowering the modem/ router doesn't work.
New Poster

Check the wiring connection.  the orginal phone line is sent to the xfinity modem sent back through the cable and then connected to the lines in the house.  Often it is one of those conncections that go bad or are loose. 

New Poster

Have no dail tone no lights on modem that the phone is connected . caller id shows up on tv

New Poster

My phone lines were still down this morning   yesterday all day also.

I tried three times yesterday to reset the box to no avail.

Regular Visitor

Comcast replaced our modem and all is well now.

Cable Expert
Moved: