Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Issue garbled/distorted/robotic voice

New Poster

Phone Issue garbled/distorted/robotic voice

Every single day at/around 2:30 PM and 10:30 PM and 11:45 PM my phone connection becomes garbeled. It's not constant, it's sporadic and happens every 2-5 minutes. In total it generally lasts anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. I'm unable to hear the person I'm speaking to but they don't seem to have any issues hearing me. 

The best way I could describe what I'm hearing is their voice is either a) robotic b) the voice, for lack of a better word, elongates, stretching and slowing until then it rushes to speed up, c) good old fashioned stuttering, bad connection distorition or a wonderful combination of all three.

We've had tech's come out, signal resets, new modems, different phones etc. etc. etc....nothing works. This has been going on for years and while the time the distortions occur may change the fact that they will absolutely occur is undeniable.

I was just wondering if anyone has or is having the same problem and most importantly if you have any solutions.

I'm at my wits end with this. 

**Just wanted to add, in case it's relevant we have the three in one XFinity package voice/internet/cable

New Poster

Re: Phone Issue garbled/distorted/robotic voice

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my phone.  Sometimes my calls are clear but quite often I can't understand the person on the other end.  They have no trouble hearing me.  The calls get garbeled and cut out frequently.  Not all the time, it seems very random.  I have two phone lines with Comcast and the same package you have (Phone, Internet, Cable TV).  I'm paying a fortune to hear about half of my phone conversations.   My other services work fine most of the time.

I have been testing both of my phone lines/phone sets and it happens with both.  I was wondering if my phones were just getting old (?)  Before I go out and buy all new phones, I was searching tonight to see if it might be Comcast problem.  I previously had Century Link (standard phone service) and no problems.  Have you been able to find anythng out about this problem from Comast?   I haven't called them because I got really tired of dealing with them a couple years ago about all my internet problems. Smiley Happy  Would you be willing to email with me about this?  Perhaps together we can solve our mutual problem?  bondrdp@comcast.net

Thank you............(or perhaps we could call each other and not understand each other).