Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Does Not Ring No Call Come In

New Poster

Phone Does Not Ring No Call Come In

I an call out but when soeone tries to call in they get a fax buzz.  Going on 2 weeks and  it is still not fixed.  I have called Comcast at least 10 to 15 times and it still is notfixed. ihave been onteh phone for hours and hours.  Disappointed . . .

Cable Expert

Re: Phone Does Not Ring No Call Come In

Start troubleshooting by resetting your eMTA telephony modem, press the small indented reset button on the back panel where the cables attach.

Next, unplug the existing telephon cord on the eMTA's L1/L2 jack and plug in a known good wired telephone and give it a test.  If it works, then there is a device connected on one of your inside phone jacks answering the calls.   This can be a alarm panel, water meter, Tivo, fax printer or similar device.

If it still does not work with one phone connected directly to the eMTA, then contact Comcast to send out a tech to troubleshoot, and possible eMTA replacement.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Phone Does Not Ring No Call Come In

I an call out but when soeone tries to call in they get a fax buzz.  Going on 2 weeks and  it is still not fixed.  I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.  THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.  DID YOU EVER GET IT FIXED?