Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Connection-NOT working!!

New Poster

Phone Connection-NOT working!!

The 2nd week of April, my phone ceased to function. All my phones were reading "Check tele-line" & would go DEAD!  I thought for quite awhile that it was NOT holding it's charge(?) Well, weeks into this issue-my daughter bought me a NEW phone! After hooking it up & waiting for it to Charge.....it reads the same message!!!! During all this period I have been 1/2 bedridden, & housebound!! I luckily I've been able to function via the Internet!  I went to check my account with you-which says I'm connected??? I am NOT phone savvy........I have on my acct. Service Protection, you are my phone service, I need someone to investigate this problem! At first, I was UNable to find a way to Contact you-Lucky today I found this opening. Please, Please can you schedule to have someone investigate this problem?? I'm home all the time.....I have been unable to phone my Drs. appts & missed a few, then I have been unable to go to the Base to pickup any of my meds or to order refills! (I need a phone!) Also, even though my acct. says I've been connected....but I haven't had a phone working(?) will I recieve any refund/credit? Since I finally have found how to send you a message, can you immediately setup a visit?  Please communicate via Email.

Thank You,

Linda L Taylor

Service Expert

Re: Phone Connection-NOT working!!

lmctaylor wrote:

The 2nd week of April, my phone ceased to function. All my phones were reading "Check tele-line" & would go DEAD!  I thought for quite awhile that it was NOT holding it's charge(?) Well, weeks into this issue-my daughter bought me a NEW phone! After hooking it up & waiting for it to Charge.....it reads the same message!!!! During all this period I have been 1/2 bedridden, & housebound!! I luckily I've been able to function via the Internet!  I went to check my account with you-which says I'm connected??? I am NOT phone savvy........I have on my acct. Service Protection, you are my phone service, I need someone to investigate this problem! At first, I was UNable to find a way to Contact you-Lucky today I found this opening. Please, Please can you schedule to have someone investigate this problem?? I'm home all the time.....I have been unable to phone my Drs. appts & missed a few, then I have been unable to go to the Base to pickup any of my meds or to order refills! (I need a phone!) Also, even though my acct. says I've been connected....but I haven't had a phone working(?) will I recieve any refund/credit? Since I finally have found how to send you a message, can you immediately setup a visit?  Please communicate via Email.

Thank You,

Linda L Taylor

These are user-to-user forums, not direct links to Comcast.   If this issue has been since April you should have already called into Comcast to get direct help in identifying and fixing this condition.   1-800-comcast

It could be as simple as checking the phone line coming from the modem/gateway and ensuring it is plugged in  ( try taking out and pluggin back in ).....   something could have "stretched" the line causing the 28ga wire to not seat correctly in the jack.... could be lots of reasons...

Every house phone wiring is different and troubleshooting can be an extreme unpleasant experience....    Call a Low Voltage company or COMcast to help in fixing this.

Good luck!

-=Ray=- 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

lmctaylor wrote: ... I went to check my account with you-which says I'm connected??? ...

Their "Connected" message might lead you to believe that they've checked your particular equipment, but it usually means something like "Service seems to be working for most customers in your area, we think. Maybe".

You might try chatting with them at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/.

New Poster

I WISH I COULD'VE CALLED COMCAST!!! BUT LIKE I STATED IN THE EMAIL...........MY PHONES HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING!!!!!! SO HOW DO I CALL COMCAST????? My only option open was email..........but I haven't recieved any response & I am STILL without phone service!!!!!! I certainly hope I get CREDIT for ALL this period without service, if I can get in touch with someone to check this out for me! I am NOT phone savvy, I don't know what to do!   PLEASE HELP, SOMEONE?????

Comcast is NOT living up to their Great(?) Customer Service!!!!!

How much longer will I have to go without my phone service????????

Linda T

Service Expert

lmctaylor wrote:

I WISH I COULD'VE CALLED COMCAST!!! BUT LIKE I STATED IN THE EMAIL...........MY PHONES HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING!!!!!! SO HOW DO I CALL COMCAST????? My only option open was email..........but I haven't recieved any response & I am STILL without phone service!!!!!! I certainly hope I get CREDIT for ALL this period without service, if I can get in touch with someone to check this out for me! I am NOT phone savvy, I don't know what to do!   PLEASE HELP, SOMEONE?????

Comcast is NOT living up to their Great(?) Customer Service!!!!!

How much longer will I have to go without my phone service????????

Linda T

IN these forums ( user-to user ) find COMCASTFRANCISC....   click on the name, then navigate to the link to send this user a PM ( Private Message )....   State your issues and I am sure ComcastFrancisc will get the right partioes involved to get you back up and running!!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon