Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Phone Call Logs - Deleting / Trashing

Frequent Visitor

Phone Call Logs - Deleting / Trashing

Is there anyway of deleting phone calls that you don't want saved in the call logs (missed - answered - placed)?  There's nothing that I can see to delete any of them.  I don't know what good checking off a bunch will do.  I can't figure out how any would be in the TRASH or how to send them into the TRASH.  Currently it's empty.

The only thing to do to an item/call is to "add to contacts" - "forward" - "call screening".  What about the ability to delete it at that point?

Anyone?

Service Expert

Re: Phone Call Logs - Deleting / Trashing

TAandGGinNJ wrote:

Is there anyway of deleting phone calls that you don't want saved in the call logs (missed - answered - placed)?  There's nothing that I can see to delete any of them.  I don't know what good checking off a bunch will do.  I can't figure out how any would be in the TRASH or how to send them into the TRASH.  Currently it's empty.

The only thing to do to an item/call is to "add to contacts" - "forward" - "call screening".  What about the ability to delete it at that point?

Anyone?

Call Records CAN NOT be deleted....   only VM indicators....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Geek46

These logs will go one forever then if they can't be deleted. 

Gold Problem Solver

geek46 wrote: ... Call Records CAN NOT be deleted. ...

Any idea why? I keep hearing that it's an FCC requirement, but I've never been able to find such a requirement in their Rules.

Frequent Visitor

BruceW,

I've read the same about FCC rules, however, I've also read where after 90 days calls either can be deleted or just drop off our call logs.

I'm new to Comcast, about 1 week now, so when I posted my original post I had not gone through older complaints about this. I did a little more reading on older comments since, and it's been a complaint for quite some time.

I just received a call on the Voice2Go/Connect and that's when I noticed that there is the ability to delete a call in the APP.  I did just delete one of the calls from a week ago in the APP but it did NOT come off the list/log online.  I will check in a few hours again and see if it has.  I notice that online the logs are delayed or lag behind quite a bit.

Why is there a TRASH folder then????

~GG

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

geek46 wrote: ... Call Records CAN NOT be deleted. ...

Any idea why? I keep hearing that it's an FCC requirement, but I've never been able to find such a requirement in their Rules.

I would say that programming the interface to have the Telcomms DB maintain/save the records, but a customer being able to DROP them off of what they see is the primary reason....  Just not cost effective to maintain essentially 2 complete Databases... one for LEO and one for Customers... not practical nor really required...

For obvious reasons, all telcomms are required to maintain call records for Law Enforcement under the unbrella of Public Safety / National Security...

Just My 2 cents... being an IT Dept Head for 20 years gave me insight into many things and this is the only reasonable explanation I can come to...

-=Geek=- 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon