New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Permanently deleting call waiting

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 3

I recently added phone service to my account so that I could work from home. When I set it up I specifically asked for no features like voicemail or call waiting. The rep told me this wouldn't be a problem. I go to check my phone service this last Sunday, and surprise surprise, call waiting is active. I call in and speak with someone who tells me that she will remove it. The next morning, it's still active. I chat with support with someone who tells me that I need to dial *70 and wait a few hours and it'll be disabled. Knowing that this is what you would dial to disable it on a one time basis, I call him on this, but he assures me that it will work. It doesn't. I call in a couple of hours later and speak with someone else who tells me that it will be disabled today, and that they had scheduled it to be disabled a few days out from my previous call. I check this an hour after I get off the phone with him-- it's still working. I call in AGAIN, and speak with someone who tells me that it has to be scheduled for 11:59 pm Tuesday evening for it to go into effect the next day. I get up this morning and check it, and it STILL HASN'T BEEN REMOVED, so I go into chat to ask someone about this and they tell me that it cannot be disabled. Is this actually the case? If so, I am INCREDIBLY ANGRY with Comcast for the wild goose chase and lies they've told me. I spent a couple hundred dollars setting up my home workspace under the impression that I would be able to get a phone line as I requested it, and to find out that Comcast is what's preventing me from able to do this has made me totally fed up with them. I am cancelling my phone service for sure, and will be looking at replacements for my internet service as soon as possible.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3

It is possible to remove those features permanently. It's kind of an unusual request, so it dosen't surprise me that it is being met with confusion. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply soon.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 3

Hi awagster -- I reviewed your account to help with removing this feature. In review, call waiting was removed from your account on 4/10. This feature has not been provisioned on your account since that date. We have your phone service setup with how you have requested it. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon