Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Permanent blocking of Call Waiting feature

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Permanent blocking of Call Waiting feature

For years, it seems like there's been an almost continual problem with people's requests to permanently block call waiting on my  landline.  Can someone direct me on how to get this done?  (NOT for just for certain outgoing calls -- *70).  Comcast Arris modem.   

Accepted Solution

Re: Permanent blocking of Call Waiting feature

fuzzytopclark, let's try physically removing the feature from your phone service. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and your phone number associated with your account for help.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

STILL waiting for a reponse for this from Comcast.  Please????  I understand that no one at the 800 number knows how to do this.

Service Expert

fuzzytopclark,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

fuzzytopclark, let's try physically removing the feature from your phone service. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and your phone number associated with your account for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Well, a few days ago, I answered via pm the Comcast Ken, asking for notification if and when this would be attempted on their end.  Still no answer, so I don't know if they have disabled it succussfully or not.  I guess I could arrange to do my own test, but I'm disappointed that I haven't heard back from Comcast.  We'll see.....

Regular Visitor

OK, so Comcast has come through and fixed my issue.  Once I figured out how the Personal Message system worked (hint: check your regular Comcast mail for an indication that there's a message from tech support and not here at this forum), I have had numerous exchanges with Ken to correct the problem  It appears, at least in my situation, that call waiting cannot totally be eliminated, and an incoming caller cannot receive a busy signal like in the good old days.  Instead, they will, after numerous rings, go the the Comcast voice mail system -- even though I have my own voicemail machine that I prefer.  Nonetheless, the caller can leave a message on the Comcast VM system.

All in all, for my particular situation where calls were disconnected when interrupted by call waiting, that's not happening now, thanks to their fix.  Let's hope it's permanent, and doesn't revert back to disconnecting calls.

I might add, that I have on my line, a Robocall rejector made by Tel-Lynx that really does a great job of not allowing through (not even a beep of a first ring) for any caller who has not been pre-approved by being previously being approved.  Had it for years, and love it.  I do believe that having this machine contributed to my original issue, which now Comcast has solved. 

Thanks, Ken and his crew for really caring, taking time, and experimenting with remedies.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation