New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Periodic dropouts on phone calls

New Poster

Periodic dropouts on phone calls

Hello,

We're going on our second month with CDV.  My wife notices when sh'es on a call that lasts for more than, say, 3 minutes, there are instances when the person on the other end drops out - nothing but silence. A few seconds later it goes back to normal.  We're gonna have a tech come out shortly, but I just wanted to gather as much info as possible to understand the problem and its causes.

Thanks
DM
Most Valued Poster

Re: Periodic dropouts on phone calls

aldm wrote:
Hello,

We're going on our second month with CDV.  My wife notices when sh'es on a call that lasts for more than, say, 3 minutes, there are instances when the person on the other end drops out - nothing but silence. A few seconds later it goes back to normal.  We're gonna have a tech come out shortly, but I just wanted to gather as much info as possible to understand the problem and its causes.

Thanks
DM

DM, do post back when you have gotten your problem solved. So that others can gain from your experienceSmiley Wink
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Contributor

Hi aldm,

Basically what's going on is that there are packets being dropped while you are on the phone which results in those gaps in the conversation. The root cause is poor quality of the signal to your modem. This can be caused by a number of things ranging from a bad connecter or splitter in your cable to issues with the cable running to your home.

I'd definitely suggest that you contact us to set up an appointment. If you prefer, I can take care of that for you. Just email me with your preferred times for an appointment and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Geoff.

Regular Contributor

Post the power reading from the from page of modem web

http://192.168.100.1

Message Edited by WKG on 01-22-200710:49 PM

- Bill
Contributor

--  off-topic post removed  --

Message Edited by Jason1 on 01-23-2007 10:39 AM