Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

People cannot hear me when I call them

Visitor

People cannot hear me when I call them

I have been having an issue for the last week or so that whenever I call someone from my phone, they cannot hear me, but I can hear them.
When someone calls us, we can hear them and they can hear us fine. It only happens when we originate calls. It is irrelevant what numbers we call. On all outbound calls the recipient cannot hear us. On all inbound calls, there is no problem.

I have reset the modem. Comcast technicians have reset the modem remotely. A tech came to my home, reset the modem and re-terminated all connections. Finally a tech replaced the modem. Still recipients cannot hear me.

We have checked all the phones and to verify that it wasn't a phone issue.

The tech said that if the service didn't correct itself in 24 hours, I would probably need to replace all of my phones.

Seriously? I could see if one phone didn't work or if nobody could hear me regardless of whether I called them or they called me.

Service Expert

Re: People cannot hear me when I call them

kblackie wrote:

I have been having an issue for the last week or so that whenever I call someone from my phone, they cannot hear me, but I can hear them.
When someone calls us, we can hear them and they can hear us fine. It only happens when we originate calls. It is irrelevant what numbers we call. On all outbound calls the recipient cannot hear us. On all inbound calls, there is no problem.

I have reset the modem. Comcast technicians have reset the modem remotely. A tech came to my home, reset the modem and re-terminated all connections. Finally a tech replaced the modem. Still recipients cannot hear me.

We have checked all the phones and to verify that it wasn't a phone issue.

The tech said that if the service didn't correct itself in 24 hours, I would probably need to replace all of my phones.

Seriously? I could see if one phone didn't work or if nobody could hear me regardless of whether I called them or they called me.

A quick check of your home's wiring would be to plug a working phone directly into the TEL jack of the modem/gateway.... this ensures it is not your phone equipment.  You may need to have this escalated to Tier 2 support.  Call back into Comcast and explain that a Tech HAS been onsite and the problem is still occuring.  Numbers to call into Comcast are 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: People cannot hear me when I call them

Hi kblackie, if you are still experiencing issues after trying geek46's troubleshooting steps please let me know and I can forward your issue to the right team.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon