members

online now

discussions

People calling me get a busy signal

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

People calling me get a busy signal

Howdy,

My wife and I discovered late today that people calling us from out of town were getting a busy signal.  The only exception to this was people using cell phones.  This apparently has been going on all day long.

This seems to have started since we have been getting all this rainy weather the last few days (Montgomery, Pa. 17752)

For the record, we have no problem when we call other people.

Any ideas?

2harts4ever

Accepted Solution

Re: People calling me get a busy signal

Good morning JayinAlg,

It looks like the problem is solved.  This morning our daughter called and it rang through and a few minutes later my mother also called from another town and it too came through.

My wife, who I refer to as super sleuth, is almost completely convinced that it was a problem with Windstream Communications because all the callers who attempted to call us yesterday and got a busy signal were from Windstream.. The same callers were able to get through this morning.

Regardless the problem is solved.  Thanks for taking the time to get involved.

Have a great day!

2harts4ever

View answer in context
Cable Expert

First, find your eMTA telephony modem and unplug the cord feeding your phone outlets in the home.  Plug in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA, and give it a good test.  It needs to be determined if it's an issue with the inside wiring in the home, or on Comcast's side of the eMTA.

If it acts the same way, then please contact Comcast support and they will determine the next step to take.

If the problem goes away, then there is issues with your inside phone wiring in the home which can be defective phones, corroded phone outlets or corrosion / wet or loose wiring, terminals & splices, especially outside.  Troubleshooting of each outlet will be necessary to find and fix the issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Good morning JayinAlg,

It looks like the problem is solved.  This morning our daughter called and it rang through and a few minutes later my mother also called from another town and it too came through.

My wife, who I refer to as super sleuth, is almost completely convinced that it was a problem with Windstream Communications because all the callers who attempted to call us yesterday and got a busy signal were from Windstream.. The same callers were able to get through this morning.

Regardless the problem is solved.  Thanks for taking the time to get involved.

Have a great day!

2harts4ever