Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

PIN for phone

New Poster

PIN for phone

I received an email saying that I had asked for a PIN number for my phone service and it was provided. I had not asked for one. Do I need to worry?

Service Expert

Re: PIN for phone

peggybyrne wrote:

I received an email saying that I had asked for a PIN number for my phone service and it was provided. I had not asked for one. Do I need to worry?

The PIN is designed to protect your service....   to be sure, you should log into Comcast and CHANGE your current PIN at this time ( just to be safe )....

From the Comcast webiste:

If you have XFINITY Voice service, your account number also is associated with a single Security PIN, used to identify yourself over the phone when you call us.
For security reasons, Comcast cannot manually change your Security PIN. If you would like to change your Security PIN, you can log in to My Account or XFINITY Connect.
In addition, each phone number on your account will have a Voice PIN to log in to voicemail via phone.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon