Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

PHONE goes to voicemail after X1 installed.

Regular Visitor

PHONE goes to voicemail after X1 installed.

OMG.

Paid for a service call to install X1..now phone goes directly to voicemail.

We had a very nice service technician install X1. He installed a new modem & never checked phones. Now all calls go directly to voice mail.  Comcast technician can't call to fix it..because the phone goes straight to voice mail.

There is a Solid light on my modem for the phone #1.    Both land lines and cell phones go to voicemail.   

We can make calls out.

We have missed THREE Air Conditioning repair appointments because of this. And had to reshedule 3 times.  I missed a technician calling about how to set thermometer.

Regular Visitor

Re: PHONE goes to voicemail after X1 installed.

Comcast asked for a second number to call..and said they would call between 11:30 and noon. They did not call.

I tried removing call screening by pressing *80. That said it was off but PHONE does not ring and goes directly to voice mail.

Regular Visitor

Re: PHONE goes to voicemail after X1 installed.

Called Comcast again. Different response. Now they say it is a switch they need to chanmge at thier end and does not require a service call.

Both comcast reps on the phone were very nice.

First one had me on hold off and on over and over and siad the technician needed to call us to fix.

The second one asked if call waiting worked, she called me and said nope it just goes direclty to voice mail.

I am posting here so anyone with similar issues...can read about it.

Comcast said they would try to expedite repair since we have has this issue for  ten days...but ti would be another day and a hlf before it is fixed.

I'd recommend you have someone call you after you get X1 installed to make sure your phone rings....

(Of course I have enjoyed the quiet for ten days. Just hate to miss service calls).