Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

PC Caller ID program keeps disconeecting and reconnecting

Regular Contributor

PC Caller ID program keeps disconeecting and reconnecting

I'm not sure what the issue is, but the PC Universal Caller ID program keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes. It has been doing this all day (for hours).

Is anyone having this problem?

The only thing that "might" be the cause is my downstream/upstream frequency keeps changing in my SB5101 diagnostic page (192.168.100.1)

Message Edited by FAUguy on 09-03-2009 01:16 AM
Frequent Visitor

Re: PC Caller ID program keeps disconeecting and reconnecting

I am having the same problem here with PC Universal Caller ID.  The problem started this AM.  Sept. 2, 2009.

Bronze Problem Solver

Hi Everyone,

Are you able to send me screenshots of the errors and descriptions of when it is happening?

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am having this problem, also.  It started  on 08/28/2009.  I think it also started with the latest version of the software.  WHen it was the software with no settings, it worked fine. 

ALso, why are there snooze settings?  WHy would you want it to snooze?  Now when I get a call, it doesn't work until the snooze time is up. 

Contributor

Re: PC Caller ID program keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I think this happens when your PC awakes from energy saving mode. I turned off all my energy saving features and the problem went away. I still ended up disabling the caller id app. The annoying launch screen every time I logged on to my account was driving me crazy.
Regular Contributor

Is this what everyone else is seeing?

http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/3a.jpg

Regular Contributor

The PC caller id Snooze works like the "snooze" on the TV. You can set a timer, and when a person calls, you can press the snooze icon, then it won't pop-up again for that abount of time.
Contributor

Re: PC Caller ID program keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I get the launch screen minus the "service unavailable....." verbiage. The launch screen shows that I am now connected.
Frequent Visitor

Yep, the screen shot is the same message I see. Although it hasn't happened in the last half-hour. Did someone fix something? It was occurring every few minutes starting a day or so ago.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, that is exactly waht I was seeing yesterday.  Today it is just the sign in screen popping up.  Hasn't happen now for about an hour.   So far so good.  Maybe someone did  fixed something.
Regular Contributor

It's been about 4 hours and it hasn't disconnected.

Hopefully it got fixed.

Contributor

Yep, same screen I have been getting for almost a week.
Most Valued Poster

George.

This applies to Max OS X as well.   Screen shot is the same as the one provided by the  PC Windows users.  This happens routinely during the day while using the machine . It is not related to sleep mode, internet access etc. I can be browsing the net, or working PhotoShop,  it just randomly connects and disconnects.  This never happened until this week. I upgraded my machine to a Mac Pro this week and moved from Tiger to Leopard (NOT Snow Leopard) and I noticed this happening. Originally I attributed it to Leopard, but apparently it is a universal issue on both PCs and Macs and my timing was coincidental.

It really is very annoying having to dismiss the box every few minutes.  

Frequent Visitor

Yes, that is exactly what I see.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Guys,

Looks like mine may have been fixed.  Smiley Happy Don't know when or how, but there have been no pop-ups for about 24 hours.  Hopefully, someone somwhere found rhe gremlin.

Regular Contributor

It's been about 30 hours now, and the disconnect/reconnect problem hasn't come back, so it seems that all is well.

Now if would just be nice if the Login screen would vanish after it logs in.

Most Valued Poster

I wish I could say mine has been fixed. As of today, it still continuously pops up and disconnects/reconnects. 

Jim 

Bronze Problem Solver

hi jen,

the larger issue of this occuring was resolved. there still could a issue i would like to escalate. i idid check the modem, i dont see any issues there. is it just the caller id dropping? any other service issues?

are you able to email me a screenshot of the error and just the username you are using to login to the caller id?

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Sort of - in my case, because I use auto signon, I am signed on every time, but that initial screen still somes up - with the option to disconnect.  I think the problem is the same - it must be disconnecting and reconnecting.
Most Valued Poster

It appears as though this issue has been fixed.  I have been on the computer for over an hour and it has not disconnected once.  A week ago this would have disconnected multiple times in the same period. 

Thanks!