Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

PC Caller ID - Here Is Official Information Regarding Fix

Regular Contributor

PC Caller ID - Here Is Official Information Regarding Fix

My ticket was escaletd to National Tech Support, and this evening (Labor Day!) I got to speak with a tech who is actually working on the problem.

There is good news and bad news.  The good news is Comcast is acutely aware of the problems. They are aware that it broke with a specific update, and what the symptoms are (disconnects, login box popping up, works/doesn't work)- all of the problems discussed in the threads here.

The bad news is that Comcast didn't develop the program- it is a third party. The third party has been working on the problem and has submitted two fixes, but as we know, neither worked. The next fix isn't due until October (no date given).

There is also an associated problem if you have two phone numbers through Comcast.

I have the tech's direct phone number and work schedule, and I will check back with him in October and post whatever I find out.

Contributor

Re: PC Caller ID - Here Is Official Information Regarding Fix

I've had the same problem for ages. Frequently comes up with message that logged off or not available. Sometimes re-establishes after a while, othertimes not. More of a nuisance than a feature. Never really worked well.

If it's a software problem, software can/should be fixed quickly if a major issue.

Comcast advertises this "feature", but like a lot of other Comcast stuff, it's poorly supported and doesn't work very well. You get what you pay for.

Frequent Visitor

Finally a straight answer, thank you.  I keep checking back on the threads for updates periodically.  Every other posts ends in an admin locking the thread for future posts because someone upsets someone else.  Well I haven't had caller ID on my PC in about a year.  I suppose I could turn on notifications on my mobile app; but wouldn't do me any good if I'm not home.  If anyone wants to see; this is the error I get (last saved 5/12) - and presumably the error most people are getting.  I've uninstalled more times than I can count, but I can't get past this image/installation so the errors of not working and having to end task no longer exist for me.

xfinity error.JPG

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

That is a different error, and the problem everyone is having started in April after an update. Still, you may as well wait till the final fix is released

Regular Contributor

A new version was released today (12/4), and so far, it works fine on my PC. There is no new download- the fix is apparently on the back end.

Contributor

I don't know ... I keep getting "Login Failed". I've uninstalled/reinstalled with the same result.

Regular Contributor

I am now having the same problem. I reported it to my contact at the National operations Center. They believe the problem is on their database server, and are working with the (major) vendor to fix the problem.

New Poster

Me Too.  Tired of calling about it.

New Poster

They said I should uninstall and reinstall.  I know how to uninstall, but I don't know how to reinstall.  Any help.

Regular Contributor

Don't do anything. The problem is not fixed yet. The next estimate for a potential fix is some time in January. I'll post back (probably in a new thread) when I hear anything. Currently, it appears to be a server issue, not a client issue, so no new download or install/reinstall would be needed. When they fix it, it will start working on its own. At least that's what it looks like right now.