Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outgoing voice drops, incoming continues to work

Regular Visitor

Outgoing voice drops, incoming continues to work

We just started using Xfinity voice and I was on two calls last night. During both calls, and on multiple phones, my outgoing voice appeared to drop. The people on the other end of the line could not hear me, but I could hear them. The drop lasted 10-15 seconds each time. Like I said, it occurred on multiple calls and multiple phones, so this does not seem to be an equipment problem. (In addition, I never had this problem on AT&T.) Is this a problem with my upstream? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Again, the call itself was not dropped - just my outgoing voice.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Outgoing voice drops, incoming continues to wo

stchrispin- I checked your service status and found there is instability on the modem,I will have my executive team contact you and setup an appointment for technician to come out and address this issue.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Poster

this has been happening to me for months. and i got a new modem from the tech guy that came out to visit and i told him the problem and he said the new modem was good. and now it's happening again. i'm ready to get another service provider.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, Comcast Vic.  Half of the challenge is identifying that there is indeed a problem.  Received a call from service yesterday, so I will call them today.  As background, we did have some significant problems with our Internet service a few years back.  Downstream was always fine, but the upstream show major issues.  We were dropping packets on the order of 15%-20%.  Swapping modems did not help, and it took a few months to finally resolve the issue.  (Which appeared to be related to my account setup, according to some engineers.)  Quite a bit of work was done in my local area in an attempt to find the source of the problem, too.  Hopefully, we won't see a recurrence of that.  Thanks again.