Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outgoing, but no incoming calls

New Poster

Outgoing, but no incoming calls

I just signed on for the triple play, although I have outgoing calls I have no incoming calls, and it is Xfinity's number, there is no number to port from CenturyLink, I have reset the modem three times, and when I call my new number I get a "no longer in service" recorded message.  There seems to be no link for testing the incoming line, and I am waiting to hear back from their technicians.  C'mon, Xfinity, I switched from CenturyLink, don't give me a reason to go back. I've got to have one incoming phone line, that actually receives calls, not too much to ask. 

I am using the

Arris Interactive, L.L.C. tm722g

So can anyone tell me why I cannot receive calls half a week after the guy at comcast service center said it would only take two hours, and no number to be ported over????

If they don't get it working in two days, I'll downgrade to the double play and drop the voice, and just get a new cellphone account.  I don't have time for things not working, especially in this day and age.  Days are like weeks now, and there's no excuse for it.  Does Comcast simply not have the technology to back up what their commercials say?  I'm beginning to think so.

Called three times, no results, put on hold half an hour, no results, nobody knows anything.  What is wrong with you people, Comcast?  I'm really getting upset here.

Man Frustrated