New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Our outgoing Caller ID not showing up on some calls we make

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Our outgoing Caller ID not showing up on some calls we make

We just switched to Comcast DV, and some people we call (e.g., AT&T lines) have remarked that our Caller ID is no longer showing up on their phones like it did before, when we had MCI service.  It shows up on some lines correctly.

Anyone else see this, or know of a solution? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Our outgoing Caller ID not showing up on some

The caller id issue should now be fixed.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Re: Our outgoing Caller ID not showing up on some calls we make

I am having the same problem after switching recently from Verizon. My outgoing calls show up as "out of Area" on some calls, when they previously showed the regular ID information on these same calls.
New Poster

We are having the same issue.  Was yours resolved and how?
Regular Contributor

Ditto, they reset my Triple play package in Feburary & screwed things up.  Now my line is set as BLOCKED & 1/2 the times it wont display the number. So I end up getting call rejected from many places.  I have been on phone with tech support until Im blue in the face. These idiots only know how to read from their moronic script.  Worthless Pieces of C****

Regular Contributor

Just an update, Same issue. Still No FIX.  Been on with chat & tech's.  Been hung up several times. Now once again we are having Internet Speed Issues.  Im so tired with ComC** service anymore. I guess it is time to go back to Verizon.  Thanks for a QUATLITY Service.

Valued Contributor

This issue has been escalated.

Thanks,
CCRodney
Just a regular guy

Regular Contributor

Wow it only went from 11/28/2009 to see someone actually respond.   How nice. thats what a FULL 6 months........................

Valued Contributor

Mardyron,

In order to help better diagnose this issue; can you please send me an email with an example 10-digit telephone number called when caller ID problem is occurring. Along with preferred Caller ID name that should be displayed. I will do my best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Edit: Just an FYI: We are handling this on Case by Case basis, Should anyone else have this issue please send me an email with the details of your issue along with the affected Telephone number.

Thanks,
CCRodney
Just a regular guy

Regular Contributor

Ok I responded to your email, with a rather lengthy explanation of WHAT is going on. I will Not go into depth here, but I hope you see and look into the ISSUEs @ hand.

Regular Contributor

I wanted to update this.  Yes they finally got it working for about 1-1/2 weeks.. then I dropped the Cable TV service & the trouble starts all over again (they stated no changes would be made).   First the call block is back (occassionally), the voicemail was reactivated after FINALLY getting it shut off after a year of requests.  Then the most important part.  The line quality truly degraded to total garbage & finally a dropout all together. 

I found out that the cable that the original tech hooked up from the wall jack to the modem was yet again SHORTED OUT.  I recently had a LAZY tech come out who was suppose to replace it, but NO, he cut & CRIMPED a new modular end on the back of the modem.  Well as I informed comcast the cable had several cuts in it since the initial installation.  I did a complete short test & yes it was dead shorted.  So during a contact with "LIVE CHAT" trying to resolve this, the simpleton shut of my internet modem so i lost all connection.  This forced me to FIX my phone line.

I contacted your "CUSTOMER SERVICE" after repairing the phone to find out WHY my internet was terminated.  nteresting enough it seems they REMOVED my modem MAC address.  After it was re-entered all was working.  I complained about the "LAZY" tech & stated I had to repair it myself & I did NOT want their techs in my house again.

Guess what I get an automated call today trying to "CONFIRM" my service appointment.  So I called to tell them I did NOT request a Service.  Well it appears the QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE decided to input MY REQUEST TO CANCEL. 

NICE, total complete ignornace.  So hopefully the other GENT I spoke to does what he says & cancels their "SERVICE" that I did NOT request.

I did request a Supervisor to contact me due to the MANY issues that Comcast Cant seem to handle.  And you wonder why people are going back to Verizon.

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Regular Contributor

Yet another update. I was told a Supervisor would call back in 60 minutes.  The GENT quarenteed me that someone would call.  Well it has been more than 60 minutes and NO ONE ever called back..Big Surprise.

Regular Visitor

I have no idea what Comcast did to fix this problem, but after one call to service it was fixed

Regular Contributor

Well the outgoing # is still blocked again.  Now I am being harrassed by the Automated confirmation to cancel my service.  Is there any COMPETANT people @ comcast any more or are they all simpletons.  All I did was drop the TV & returnthe stupid digital box since the stupid thing was contantly locking up & needed a reboot.  What a complete "PIA". I will be so glad when FIOS comes to my house. But it looks like I may be switching just to get rid of the annoying service calls. I have now added Comcast to my caller block list, although I know that wont stop it.  Stupid service.

New Poster

I am having the SAME kind of problem- we were Verizon- some people are not answering my calls because they show up "g and g"... how can this be changed?

Regular Contributor

Hey CLOWNS, you did it again.  My blasted # is set as PRIVATE & Im getting BLOCKED, cant you people STOP screwing people settings.  FIX IT PLEASE.

Regular Contributor

Here is an update for you, I chatted with a gent yesterday & all he wanted to do was set an appointment for them to come out check my wiring.  Now I am NOT stupid, ignorant or anything else other than a TICKED off customer.  This issue is a setting that some Moron has played with on your end, it is NOT on the end users end.   Fix IT,

Retired Administrator

Hi Madyron,

Can you please email me with all your account information and a link to this post please?

I will need to escalate this to back-end techs to get this corrected. I DO want to give you a reasonable expectation that this will take a few days to correct. The previous action taken be Rodney to escalate this did correct the problem, but we need to understand why this has happened again. I look forward to your email and I appreciate your patience with us. While we work to have this corrected, I'd like to ask that you refrain from contacting the call center or chatting with additional reps.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Well here it is 9/13/10 email was sent back on 8/13/10 & so far not a ****** thing has been done.  Same issue, no one has done anything to fix it.  Complete lack of CUSTOMER SERVICE & TECH SUPPORT.

Cable Expert

I'll flag your note to follow up again.  You will hear from him in a day or two.

I know our phone number doesn't show up for friends that are on U-Verse even though it isn't blocked.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Retired Administrator

mady - please email me your details. I wasn't able to locate your prior email.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Retired Administrator
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Well here we go for an update.  Today is the 12th of October & yet again my faith in comcast is as usual.  There is NO real support in your network.  This issue is STILL going on.  What the f*** do you people do, just sit there & let ppl complain.

Retired Administrator

The caller id issue should now be fixed.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Sorry for the delay in response, but RL matters come first.  Yes the Caller ID issue is fixed and appears to be working as it is suppose to. If any issue of it arises again I will comment on it.

But I do want to state thet the customer service department is horrendously stupid.  We experienced a possible "tornado" in our area yet again just yesterday.  It occured @ 1:30 AM, we lost our phone & internet.  I called as soon as I was able to get into work to let then know of the situation.  @ 7:30 AM, they had a automated response stating they had an area wide outage recorded.  I requested a call back to inform me of system up and running.  I checked my online account thourghout the day & I received a VM online @ 10:55 AM stating it  fixed, well, guess what, it wasnt. At 2PM I tried calling my # & received the VM immediatley so I proceeded to call CS again.  This time there was NO notice of an outage & when a CS got on the line stated that the area was still Out.  She also stated they could not give an estimated time. My service came back on @ 4:30pm & was up until 10:40AM today.  At which time I called & again got the auto notifier of area wide outage. SO I opted to speak to a CS.

This time the person I got was a real "EINSTEIN" he immediatley ignored the "Area Wide Outage" and tried to push a service tech to my house to inspect my lines.  WHY must CS try to do this, when the issue is elsewhere & reported.  Ar eyou clowns trying to get $ for service calls?, I sure as h**k would not pay for 1.  So needless to say calling CS was a joke & a waste of my time.

Comcast "Customer Care" is a HUGE joke.

Regular Contributor

FYI, our NET is still going off/on about every 30-45mins. it comes  back in 3-5 minutes or sometimes instantly.  Totally annoying & UNRELIABLE

Regular Contributor

Still having NET issues.  The net is constantly going on/off.  I guess I will be looking into a switch to a better provider soon.

Regular Contributor

Today is 12/2 & same issue, our net is constantly on/off all day long.  Totally unreliable.

Cable Expert

mardyron

Your still in the phone forum.  What do you mean your having NET issues?

If you having internet problems or TV problems please start a new post in the correct forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Contributor

Dear Sir, this is an ongoing issue that is 100% related.. 

These forums are 100% as worthless as the customer support is on the phone or in person.

Retired Administrator

Hi Mady,

I did not see the drops in the device that provides internet service to you. I suggest removing the router and connecting directly to the modem to test compare your experience.  As Jay mentioned, this area captures customer issues related to phone service only. Please review the the post here so that we can assist you with the internet connection trouble you are having. Once you've reviewed the thread, please post the required information in the "Internet Connection" board.

Thank you!

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: outgoing Caller ID not show up on

I found this thread from 2010 while searching for answer for a similar problem.  My problem.. Outgoing calls are suddenly showing up as "Private Number" on my long distance calls to KS.  This has started only in the last couple of months.. previously all was fine.  I called Comcast tech and was told they did see a problem on line which would be fixed in 24-72 hours.  That night another rep called and said it was fixed.  However it was not fixed.  When I called back and told them..another tech.. he said he would check and get back.  A couple of days later, another tech called and said he had checked and everything was fine on his end, that it was the company in KS.  I had already called KS company who, of course, said all was fine on their end.

This is causing stress for an elderly relative who does not pick up Private Number calls but now is afraid of mossing one of our calls.  Is the person who helped with this before on this thread still available??

Regular Contributor

Re: outgoing Caller ID not show up on

Good Luck it still isnt fixed and I have talked to yet another "Supervisor" in regards to it.  Comcast is worthless and overpaid for NOT doing their jobs.  Once FIOS comes to my area I will drop them complaetely.