Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Online Voice mail issue

Regular Contributor

Online Voice mail issue

What happened? I used to be able to click Voice and read/hear my voicemail online.. Now It's been turned into a boilerplate page that says "Learn about Voice" that when clicked on says "not found".

What gives?

Regular Contributor

Re: Online Voice mail issue

Oh and I noticed that I can't check it on the box either.. For some reason my account is flagged as no longer having Xfinity Voice..?????????

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I cant seem to get a resolution. I have had this problem for over a month!!

They keep telling me that they are going to fix it and they don't I dont know if they know what the real problem is.

Have they helped you?

Mindie

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Just got off the phone with Support, who sent me instructions for setting my Preferences. But when I do that, I get the same marketing message as I get when I try to check my voice mail. I also checked my account, and it only reflects TV and Internet, but I subscribe to Triple Play and my phone does work.

New Poster

I have the exact same problem!!

New Poster

No access to online voice mail. Last week I spent 1 hr chat and finally he  told me he bumped problem up and was assured it would be fixed in 4 hrs. Two days later another hr on chat and she assured me  it will be fixed in 24 hr. (also told me 1st chat session notes werent attached to account.) Today 1 Hr on phone. Disconnected once. Three different people later after a complete waste of time he told me higher level tech will call me tonight between 5 and 9. What a joke. I get to stay home for 4 hrs waiting a call that may never come or that will possibly be disconnected and most likely will produce zero results. Time to look elsewhere for services.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Basically the only thing on my account now that recognizes that I have Comcast Phone Services is my bill.

New Poster

That is what exactly what is happening to me! All of it! What the heck is going on!!

Regular Contributor

I'm also moving to a different apartment in my building next week. I use the Tranfer Service for it.. How much you wanna bet they screw that all up and I'm without cable, internet and phone for few weeks.

New Poster

Just to follow up. My phone call never came. I decided to go on seasonal while I explore other options. Very poor customer service. Unless you have hours of free time to deal with their problems I would explore other options.

Frequent Visitor

Are they offering any account credit for this?

Can you access through your phone with *99?

New Poster

I have the sme problem i can see my call on line but there are no messages so I caled and left amessage which shows up but can not open or hear ,Help please !!!!!!

New Poster

Same problem here.  I use to be able to see all my voice mails online, reveiw, listen and then delete.  I don't even see the voicemail tab; all I see is Missed Calls, Answered Calls & Placed Calls.  What happened?????

Frequent Visitor

What is comcast doing? Do they know we are out here "CRYING FOR HELP"?

Voicemail completely broken for weeks now. It started when for no apparent reason when I went to retrieve voicemail messages by way of handset, and it locked me out saying I need to change my pin number. So I went online and changed the pin. Even then it did not work. Days later it mysteriously came back to life. Then I discovered none of the online features that used to work via xfinity connect like listening to voicemail online and having readable voicemail sent to my email worked. In fact the tab/link for "VOICEMAIL" online is completely gone! Even though I have the settings set to send a readable voicemail to my email, after leaving many test messages, nothing gets sent. But then I figured out that even though I was leaving test messages and hanging up, none of the test messages were even being saved or recorded!

Then the kicker which is just about putting me out of business because I have all my business calls forwarded to my home phone, is that nobody can even leave a voicemail for me. What they get after pressing 1 and approve the message, and then # to send the message is "PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER, THE SYSTEM IS UNAVAILABLE".

After (6) calls to Comcast technical support since January 3, 2015, (3) trouble tickets, and (1) they closed and said was fixed when they didn't fix a dam thing . . . I guess I am pretty much out of luck and quite upset. How about the rest of you out there? Will Comcast bother to fix your service, or just close your ticket and say they did leaving you in the lurch?

Now out of desperation, I just called my brother who is also a Comcast customer with the same service I have, and who lives in a completely different geographic area than I, and he reports that his voicemail is working properly. So apparently the failures are not system wide.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem . . . without voicemail I am hosed!

New Poster

I am still not able to get my messages on line. I did see an email from comcast saying my pin number changed. I thought that ws interesting as I had not changed the number myself. I hoped that meant that they were working on it, but no. It is still not working. There has to be some kind of system glitch that we have lost our voicemail!!! I just dont understand why I dont have it anymore and why my account does not show I have phone anymore!!

Frustrating!!

Frequent Visitor

Great News! Comcast has fixed my voicemail completely and my "VOICEMAIL" link has returned to the online portal and everything works. Here's a tip for all of you needing to get yours fixed. I repeatedly called Comcast ever since January 18th and got (2) trouble tickets generated to Level II technicians to look separately at each individual problem. (1) ticket for being unable to leave messages or pick them up from the handset, (1) ticket to exclusively look at the online problems and no "VOICEMAIL" link or ability to listen to voicemail online. Apparently if someone only looks at one of the problems, they quickly clear the ticket if they get that portion up and running and think they have fixed everything when they haven't. GOOD LUCK and STAY WITH IT until it is fixed!

Regular Visitor

I have the exact same issue...I am on my second ticket...6th call to support...multiple attempts to get this fixed by chat...no success at all. I did receive a $25 credit when I talked with billing but so far nobody in tech support even seems to know that this is a problem let alone how to fix it.

New Poster

I think mine is running too. I have to check today. I would certainly like a credit!!

Regular Visitor

when I click on my voice mail. my emai shows up.
New Poster

Comcast has known about this problem since mid December.

They have a systems Issue report (si007007940) with 560+ customer reports attached to it.

I called billing and also got a $25 credit. I will request this same credit each month until the problem is fixed.

If 500 customers demanded a $25 credit each month perhaps Comcast would fix the problem.