members

online now

discussions

One telephone and internet is working 3 phone lines not working

ANSWERED
New Poster

One telephone and internet is working 3 phone lines not working

Dear Sir or Madam:

One phone has dial tone and internet works.  Three other phones have no dial tone.  One is a portable phone but it is fully charged and battery is okay.  I reset modem but still no dial tone.  Please check out or have a technician check out.  Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solution

Re: One telephone and internet is working 3 phone

Be aware this fourm is not the Comcast help desk, but user to user forum. 

I can help you troubleshoot some.  This sounds like a inside wiring issue with your phone wiring in your home.  Please check the that cord from the Comcast eMTA telephony modem is connected at both the back of  the eMTA and at the wall jack in the room with the eMTA. 

You could also be having issues with where the wiring is connected together, in some places it's in the basement, and others it's in the NID, the gray box on the side of the house that the local telco had installed.

If you don't want to touch any of this, then please call Comcast support or a local low voltage wiring tech to look into your issues.  Because the inside wiring is owned by the homeowner, Comcast would charge a flat rate for the visit.

So check around the house to make sure all phone plugs are connected to the jacks properly, and look for loose or unconnected cords.

Post back if you have more questions.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Re: One telephone and internet is working 3 phone

Be aware this fourm is not the Comcast help desk, but user to user forum. 

I can help you troubleshoot some.  This sounds like a inside wiring issue with your phone wiring in your home.  Please check the that cord from the Comcast eMTA telephony modem is connected at both the back of  the eMTA and at the wall jack in the room with the eMTA. 

You could also be having issues with where the wiring is connected together, in some places it's in the basement, and others it's in the NID, the gray box on the side of the house that the local telco had installed.

If you don't want to touch any of this, then please call Comcast support or a local low voltage wiring tech to look into your issues.  Because the inside wiring is owned by the homeowner, Comcast would charge a flat rate for the visit.

So check around the house to make sure all phone plugs are connected to the jacks properly, and look for loose or unconnected cords.

Post back if you have more questions.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon