members

online now

discussions

One phone number, two logins

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

One phone number, two logins

Hi,

I can access most Comcast services using my email address (as I'm accessing this forum now).  However, when I need to access my voicemail online, I must logout and login using my phone number.  If I click on any of the Voice links, I get directed to a page trying to get me to buy digital home phone service.

Can I get my phone number associated with my main login so that I don't have to re-login just to listen to my voicemail?

Aaron 

Accepted Solution

Re: One phone number, two logins

robog33k wrote:

It's been over a month since I started this conversation, and there's still no resolution.  I'd play telephone tag, urge people to email me (because of the nature of my schedule and the fact that I'm heads-down in a project moving a live customer system halfway across the country), and when they did email, they'd either say "call me" (yeesh!) or not return my emails.

Can't ONE person from Comcast just take this call and follow it through via email?  I mean, this isn't rocket science -- I just need my voicemail account fixed to be associated with my user ID!  Is it against your rules to use email for customer support?

I've got a concall in a few minutes, then an off-site meeting.  I should be back this afternoon, but I'll be up to my eyeballs in the aforementioned project.  Unless someone wants to call me after 5PM CDT, your best bet will be to reach me by email, when I can respond after work hours. 

Discouraged,

Aaron 

Aaron,

For security reasons, we ask to speak with customers over the phone and verify the account. I will send you a Private Message and Email to verify some information to determine how we may best proceed.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello,

Are you able to email your best contact number, service address, account phone number and experience to my email address below? Please include a link to your post and copy of the post so I am aware of the issue.

Thank you.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

See, this is why I posted here in the forum:  I've been playing telephone tag with Comcast support for 3 days now.  Forums or email support can be asynchronous.  With telephone support, support personnel have to be at work and I have to be at home simultaneously.  So far, EPIC FAIL.

(And the really ridiculous thing is, I WORK AT HOME!) 

Not exactly happy,

Aaron 

Bronze Problem Solver

aaron,

our regional office has called and emailed you.

what is the best phone number day time we may reach you at?

George Lunski

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

It's been over a month since I started this conversation, and there's still no resolution.  I'd play telephone tag, urge people to email me (because of the nature of my schedule and the fact that I'm heads-down in a project moving a live customer system halfway across the country), and when they did email, they'd either say "call me" (yeesh!) or not return my emails.

Can't ONE person from Comcast just take this call and follow it through via email?  I mean, this isn't rocket science -- I just need my voicemail account fixed to be associated with my user ID!  Is it against your rules to use email for customer support?

I've got a concall in a few minutes, then an off-site meeting.  I should be back this afternoon, but I'll be up to my eyeballs in the aforementioned project.  Unless someone wants to call me after 5PM CDT, your best bet will be to reach me by email, when I can respond after work hours. 

Discouraged,

Aaron 

Bronze Problem Solver

robog33k wrote:

Discouraged,

Aaron 

Aaron,

For security reasons, we ask to speak with customers over the phone and verify the account. I will send you a Private Message and Email to verify some information to determine how we may best proceed.

George Lunski

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to George for fixing the problem for me.  All's working as it should!!