Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Obsolete Voice Mail Features

Frequent Visitor

Obsolete Voice Mail Features

I recently changed to Xfinity from Uverse.  The voice mail options Xfinity offers are still features from the 1980's.  Exp.: no Do Not Disturb feature so phone is transferred directly to my voice mailbox--no ring to interrupt me if I'm busy.  No special number that automatically intercepts and handles calls in case of a power emergency.  No reminder feature where I can leave a message to be delivered on a specified date and time.  People use their phones much differently now than in the 1980's.  The Xfinity voice mail portion of the bundled service offering is very inferior to that offered by Uverse.  Any way to at lease get the voice managers to take a look at what the competition is offering and try to at least match it.  Seems like they were not invited to the table when the X1 package was developed.  Any one I can talk to?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Obsolete Voice Mail Features

These are great suggestions. Feel free to send me a private message with a number where someone can reach you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Having a 'future features' candidate list published somewhere would be good.  Doesn't have to be a public contract, just a place for information on status of possible upcoming changes.  'Do Not Disturb' or 'Straight to Voicemail' or similar feature(s) would be most welcome.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I haven't gotten back earlier; however, I would be more than happy to talk to you about the Uverse voice features that I think would help make Xfinity voice a comparable offering.  My phone number is 815-886-9887.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Frank Studnick

These are great suggestions.  Feel free to send me a private message with a number where someone can reach you.