Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Numeric Page Option on Voicemail

Regular Visitor

Numeric Page Option on Voicemail

When someone calls my home and gets our CDV voicemail, there is an automated option to leave a numeric page.  Anyone have ANY idea why this is even an option.  I have tested it to see if it leaves a voicemail with the entered number or if it emails the number.  Does not seem to serve any purpose.  Anyone have any information?
Regular Contributor

Re: Numeric Page Option on Voicemail

Hi vfrankowski,

Under rare circumstances, there can be misconfigurations with how a customer's voicemail box is set up. It sounds like this may have happened with your account.

With your permission, I would like to do a little troubleshooting (I would be calling your number and listening to what the recording is saying) and then arrange for a technician to look into the problem.

Typically, problems like this can be fixed remotely, without anyone coming out to your home. However, in the course of fixing the problem, our technician may have to reset your voicemail password to the default (the last four digits of your telephone number) or, in some cases, rebuild the voicemail box, which would involve the loss of all personal settings, greetings and messages stored in the box.

If you would like me to take care of this, just send me a private forum message with your telephone number and permission to reset the password and rebuild the voicemail box if necessary. Alternatively, you can contact us and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for the post!

Geoff.