New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Number of rings / previous posts do not apply

ANSWERED
New Poster

Number of rings / previous posts do not apply

I need help changing the number of rings when someone calls.  Currently it goes straight to voicemail.  I searched through posts and the information found which "directed me to voicemail tab, click preferences, click call manager" did not work.  There is no "call manager".  Probably outdated info.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Number of rings / previous posts do not apply

sdenisehamm wrote:

I need help changing the number of rings when someone calls.  Currently it goes straight to voicemail.  I searched through posts and the information found which "directed me to voicemail tab, click preferences, click call manager" did not work.  There is no "call manager".  Probably outdated info.  Thanks.

First, try to reboot your device.  Pull the power cord from the outlet and let it sit for 10 seconds then plug back in.  Allow 3-5 minutes for the device to reacquire signal and then test by calling your home number.

To adjust the number of rings before call is forwarded to VM, log into your account online and goto:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice   Click on Call Forwarding & Rings or Advanced Call Forwarding ( whichever is displayed ) and locate your home number there and click on the "pencil" to edit the number of rings.

If the above does not work, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about your non-working services.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Number of rings / previous posts do not apply

sdenisehamm wrote:

First, try to reboot your device.  Pull the power cord from the outlet and let it sit for 10 seconds then plug back in.  Allow 3-5 minutes for the device to reacquire signal and then test by calling your home number.

To adjust the number of rings before call is forwarded to VM, log into your account online and goto:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice   Click on Call Forwarding & Rings or Advanced Call Forwarding ( whichever is displayed ) and locate your home number there and click on the "pencil" to edit the number of rings.

If the above does not work, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about your non-working services.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon