Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Number of rings and voice preferences - can't change

Frequent Visitor

Number of rings and voice preferences - can't change

I have just added Comcast voice. I am trying to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up. I have searched these forums and the posted solutions about this do not work. For example, looking at this solution:  https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/manage-voicemail-features-in-xfinity-connect/  I do not have a "Call Manager" link under voice in xfinity connect (and yes, I am logged in). I do have a voice preferences link on another page but it goes to a voice page with no preference options listed. I called comcast yesterday and they changed the number of rings and did not know why I could not change them through my xfinity connect or comcast account.

So, any other ideas on how to change the number of rings and access the other preference options on Voice?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Number of rings and voice preferences - can't change

Yes they have changed things around a little. Logging into Xfinity Connect, you should see preferences to the right. You can change the number of rings, before it picks up by visiting your Xfinity Connect Email, click on preferences, click voice and then call forwarding and rings.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that when I go to Preferences, for Voice all I have is what looks like a placeholder ad for adding  Comcast Voice. I am thinking xfinity connect does not know I have Comcast Voice (my account under Comcast.com does show Voice as active and working and the phone does work and number has been ported over).

I need to get xfinity connect to recognize that I have Comcast Voice enabled...

Silver Problem Solver

Try a short press 2-5 sec of the recessed reset button on the back of the modem, using a pen tip toothpick whatever. Give it time for the lights to come back on, then try Xfinity Connect again.

If that doesn't work, there may be a coding issue on your account and you will have to call in and get them to fix it.