Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Number can't be ported?

New Poster

Number can't be ported?

I signed up with Comcast on May 17th after being assured that I could keep my Verizon number. It's been a week now and I still have what Comcast told me would be a temporary number. I had completed a Comcast Letter of Agency and got a transaction identification number. Today I went on Comcast Chat tech support and inquired why I don't have my Verizon number back yet. After some checking the answer came back that for some reason my Verizon number can't be ported, it is incompatible with the Comcast switch, they say.

Is there anyone else in the Patterson/Pawling area of Putnam/Dutchess counties that has experienced this. Can anything be done to get my Verizon number back?

Cable Expert

Re: Number can't be ported?

"Incompatible with the Comcast switch" is a line of BS. They shouldn't have done the install without having the number ready to port. I'm sorry to say that most likely they couldn't port your number in the first place, which is why it wasn't ready on the day of install. And even worse news...your number is likely lost forever. If you really need the number, Verizon may be able to reinstate your service with that number if you call ASAP. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

wawajack wrote:

I signed up with Comcast on May 17th after being assured that I could keep my Verizon number. It's been a week now and I still have what Comcast told me would be a temporary number. I had completed a Comcast Letter of Agency and got a transaction identification number. Today I went on Comcast Chat tech support and inquired why I don't have my Verizon number back yet. After some checking the answer came back that for some reason my Verizon number can't be ported, it is incompatible with the Comcast switch, they say.

Is there anyone else in the Patterson/Pawling area of Putnam/Dutchess counties that has experienced this. Can anything be done to get my Verizon number back?

I have notified the Administratorr of your post.  Please watch for a reply in this thread.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Problem Solver

-

Sorry for the late response but sometimes it's not possible to port a TN over to use. It's base on the rate center which we use to coordinate all the numbers. If your still having issues with this please send me a Private message.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks. How, pray tell, do I send you a private message?

Gold Problem Solver

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope  screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.  screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

For future reference, here is the link to New to the Forums which contains more information.

LINK

There are also two links at the top right of this page-Posting Guidelines & Help with Forums Smiley Wink

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.