Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Number blocking

New Poster

Number blocking

Is it possible to block in coming calls ?? I have had it with 717-883-3439 calling my house six or more times a day. No message ever left. , I have had to disconnect my home phone due to these persistant calls. I would have canceled phone service all together , but my bill would have gone throughthe roof.

New Poster

Re: Number blocking

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately the scammers don't pay attention to the "do not call" list.  You can block certain numbers from calling you - go to http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/ for instructions.

New Poster

I have a Panasonic Phone which allows me to block numbers. Having the number on the screen I choose "Menu" and then choose "save" and then I have the choice of "phone book" or "blocked". Choose "blocked" and "save" - from the on the phone rings once when that number calls and then is cut off. If you have a different brand of phone maybe you have something similar.

New Poster

If you put *60 and then the phone number into your phone it should block it.  I believe there's an option online when you log in as well (block up to 12 numbers).  Or if nothing else you can call comcast and have them block it for you.

Hope this helps!

New Poster

1. Log into you Comcast online account.

2. Find your recent call list - Missed, Received, Dialed, etc.

3. Put a check in the box next to the number you want to block.

4. On the right side you'll see a box with more info about that call. Click "Screen" (or whatever choice you get), then click save, or OK (or again, whatever choice you get).

Hope this helps.