Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not working.....

New Poster

Not working.....

Do I have to use a phone that is VOIP capable...or are all phones VOIP capable?  My phones are not working.  I have a VTech DS6321-3.  In the instructions for the phone, it says not to put the phone near a wifi or personal computer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cable Expert

Re: Not working.....

The L1/L2 port on the eMTA telephony modem is designed for regular analog telephones, including cordless phone bases.

The warning is because many cordless phones use the same frequencies as wi-fi routers or gateways in the home, along with microwave ovens.  Interference can be reduced by keeping the cordless phone base as far away as possible from the wi-fi router or gateway device.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Not working.....

JayInAlg wrote:

The L1/L2 port on the eMTA telephony modem is designed for regular analog telephones, including cordless phone bases.

The warning is because many cordless phones use the same frequencies as wi-fi routers or gateways in the home, along with microwave ovens.  Interference can be reduced by keeping the cordless phone base as far away as possible from the wi-fi router or gateway device.

But isn't the phone base supposed to be plugged in to the ?modem/wifi? that Comcast gives you for the phone service?