New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not accpeting calls

ANSWERED
New Poster

Not accpeting calls

When I call my Comcast phone number, the message I get is, "The number you are trying to reach is not currently accepting calls from this number."  After callers hear that message, the line is silent.  I do want the line to ring and take calls.  Any ideas on how I can make this change?  I am able to call out using the Comcast line.

Thank you ~

Accepted Solution

Re: Not accpeting calls

marymike1 wrote:

I am having this same problem. I just had  service installed yesterday at my mom's house. I have a dial tone, but anyone who calls in gets the message "this caller is not accepting calls."  and it goes directly yo voicemail.

I really need to get this resolved as my mom is 93 and we call her several times a day to check on her. If anyone has a solution for this issue I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

It's never stated, but it can take from 24-72 hours before ALL of the Voice Services ( inbound/outbound/voicemail/callerid ) arer up and running....

Try it again today and if it's still not working, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about it.

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

View answer in context
New Poster

I am having this same problem. I just had  service installed yesterday at my mom's house. I have a dial tone, but anyone who calls in gets the message "this caller is not accepting calls."  and it goes directly yo voicemail.

I really need to get this resolved as my mom is 93 and we call her several times a day to check on her. If anyone has a solution for this issue I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

New Poster

Re: Comcast hijacks calls my phone doesn't ring

Any ideas how to resolve this without my having to call them.  The time to get to someone who knows how to fix this is internimible as they have no respect for one's personal time.  It wouldn't be a first time to call and have the person answering after much ado who knows less than I do in terms of fixing the issue. 

New Poster

I have contacted xfinity. They have said they will call me back within 24 hours to determine what the problem is. If they have resolution I will post. If not, I will post.

Service Expert

marymike1 wrote:

Thanks

It's never stated, but it can take from 24-72 hours before ALL of the Voice Services ( inbound/outbound/voicemail/callerid ) arer up and running....

Try it again today and if it's still not working, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about it.

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you Ray. Will see

New Poster

Ray,

You were right on the money. Thank you very much.

Service Expert

marymike1 wrote:

Ray,

You were right on the money. Thank you very much.

Happy to help!!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I discovered that somehow I had blocked my AT&T cell number from my Comcast landline.  I was able to undo the block so all is good now.  Thanks all!