New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not accepting Calls at this time.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Not accepting Calls at this time.

Wasted 30 minutes trying twice to chat with a rep.  Just circled the drain.  I'll try email, now.

My problem...sister calls from her landline 9042478xxx to my landline 90424779xx and gets the message that "this number is not accepting calls at this time." My phone does not ring. I am not on phone.  She lives nextdoor so came across to see what was going on.  She CAN call me on her cell phone. I have not blocked any numbers but I did recently have comcast voice mail turned off.  What is going on?

Accepted Solution

Re: Not accepting Calls at this time.

Dognilla wrote:

Wasted 30 minutes trying twice to chat with a rep.  Just circled the drain.  I'll try email, now.

My problem...sister calls from her landline 9042478xxx to my landline 90424779xx and gets the message that "this number is not accepting calls at this time." My phone does not ring. I am not on phone.  She lives nextdoor so came across to see what was going on.  She CAN call me on her cell phone. I have not blocked any numbers but I did recently have comcast voice mail turned off.  What is going on?

These forums are not direct links to Comcast, nor are they emails.... they are user-to-user suppport areas with very little interaction from Comcast Official Employees.  For your issue, you should call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and begin the troubleshoting steps with a CSR.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Dognilla wrote:

These forums are not direct links to Comcast, nor are they emails.... they are user-to-user suppport areas with very little interaction from Comcast Official Employees.  For your issue, you should call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and begin the troubleshoting steps with a CSR.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem: incoming calls to my landline receive the "calls not being accepted at this time" message, even though outgoing calls work normally. A neighbor can't call me but I can reach him just fine.

The same problem happened about 10 days ago and I spoke with Maria at customer service. Because I am a new customer, she said she had to "provision" my service and whatever she did at that end worked until today.

I will call customer service again...

New Poster

I called comcast today and spoke with an agent.  First the modem was reset.  That did not work so he had me key *80 and told me to press 3 when told to.  Never got the press 3 message, but after *80 I got the message that "call screening remains off"..  After that, I was able to call my landline from her line without receiving the "not accepting calls" message.

Don't know how or why it worked.  I have never deliberately blocked any specific numbers--especially not my sister's.  

Good luck!

New Poster

Thank you for your help.  The phone number you provided got me to an agent who appears to have corrected the problem.

New Poster

I called customer service, and the agent said my line checked out normally. He called me back and the incoming call came through perfectly without the "calls not being accepted at this time" message. He also advised to press *80, which I did, and I got the "call screening  remains off" message. Incoming calls have been coming through normally ever since.