New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not able to send fax

New Poster

Not able to send fax

Hi,

I am trying to send a fax using my Comcast modem.  I have TV, Internet and Phone through Comcast.  I purchased a new HP all in one printer on Monday. I am not able to get a dial tone when trying to send a fax.  I was on the phone with HP and they talked me through all of the trouble shooting steps.  I called Comcast and the first guy told me to call HP.  So I tried Comcast chat because I am wondering if there is anything special that I need to do because of the digital line?  I was told to go back to HP by the guy in Comcast chat. 

I am still doubtful that there is something wrong with my brand new printer.  I have an open case with HP so I will probably take this printer back. 

Just checking to see if this is a known issue and if there are workarounds?  I don't want to go through these same problems with another printer. 

Any guidance is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not able to send fax

CindyW8264 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to send a fax using my Comcast modem.  I have TV, Internet and Phone through Comcast.  I purchased a new HP all in one printer on Monday. I am not able to get a dial tone when trying to send a fax.  I was on the phone with HP and they talked me through all of the trouble shooting steps.  I called Comcast and the first guy told me to call HP.  So I tried Comcast chat because I am wondering if there is anything special that I need to do because of the digital line?  I was told to go back to HP by the guy in Comcast chat. 

I am still doubtful that there is something wrong with my brand new printer.  I have an open case with HP so I will probably take this printer back. 

Just checking to see if this is a known issue and if there are workarounds?  I don't want to go through these same problems with another printer. 

Any guidance is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hello,

Here is a link that might help you with some of the problems you might be having. Give it a try.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/Fax-Troubleshooting-for-Comcast-Digital-Voi...

New Poster

Thank you!   There were some helpful tips in the attached.  I tried most of them.  I think that I may try the splitter one more time.     I may call Staples and see if I bring the printer back if they they can test it to see if it's a problem with the printer so that I don't have to go through all of these steps again.  Appreciate your help!!   Still hoping for a simple solution! Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

What phone jacks are you talking about? My phones have no phone jacks. They are connected diretly and only yo the modem.